BKC Hints & Tips?

Started by Leon, 22 January 2017, 02:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genom

I'd second the use of different sized dice. micro dice for hits, a bunch of normal sized dice for all your dice rolling needs and a pair of big dice for command rolls.  We often when successful on a command roll, put them down and change the numbers to show what we need next on the roll, that way you don't forget what your next target number is after having to deal with a commands worth of shooting. We use red tiddlywinks to indicate suppression.

Acetate templates for barrage are a fantastic creation. Point marked in the middle and we use a small tiddlywink as the target point, roll deviation and move the tiddlywink before placing the template  down.

We tend to place artillery models at the edge of the board to remind us that we have off board assets.

CO's on a larger base than the HQ's I use 60x60 and 40x40. FAO, FAC, recce etc on different size base from standard infantry. Just something to differentiate them from standard infantry, small diorama's can be quite effective for these as well.

Itinerant Hobbyist

Agree with many of the above suggestions. I also use a d10 to track the current command value. Once a CV8 successfully rolls their first command I place the d10 w "7" showing. If they're successful on that roll, I move to 6, etc.