The ultimate in storage!

Started by Subedai, 19 January 2017, 05:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subedai

Anybody fancy one of these? Think of just how many brownie points it would be worth with SWMBO.

MickS

https://www.facebook.com/uniladmag/vide ... 698242807/
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

jimduncanuk

I get some crap about a cruise ship.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leon

It looks like the link hasn't worked, but I suspect it might be this, which caught my eye on Facebook the other day as well:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

When you search on the WorkBox - it suggests the price is $250, which seems rather cheap. But a bit more digging you find out the price is $1500 to $2000, which seems rather expensive.

I think I could get rather more storage from Ikea for $2000. OK, this has the funky fold up on itself option - but lets be honest once you have covered the table with stuff, piled boxes under the table, etc, you will never clear that stuff to allow you to close the doors!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fsn

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 19 January 2017, 07:28:24 PM
I get some crap about a cruise ship.

To be fair, a cruise ship is a pretty good description of the ultimate in storage.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Cruising wargames shippage....
we could all finally get to meet Paul and FK!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

All those wargames in one place - Would be a bit like Salute.

Probably have the same aroma too  :-& :-&
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ithoriel

Their boxes stack, who needs a tower? :)

Just wait til I'm crushed by a toppled tower of lead filled Really Useful boxes!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

Quote from: Ithoriel on 06 February 2017, 12:49:54 AM
Their boxes stack, who needs a tower? :)

Just wait til I'm crushed by a toppled tower of lead filled Really Useful boxes!

Not sure how you'd manage that.  I have no problem.

sunjester

Quote from: John Cook on 20 February 2017, 02:14:34 AM

Then you probably don't have enough boxes. You must buy more boxes and lots of little metal men to fill them.  ;)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I have four four foot high stacks, and a permanent avalanche warning!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

Quote from: John Cook on 20 February 2017, 02:14:34 AM

Currently two six-box stacks of 9L boxes, side-by-side on top of the tumble dryer and two 11L XL containing a board game each plus all their expansions lurking in the living room while I decide if they can be added on top.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

John Cook

Quote from: sunjester on 20 February 2017, 09:01:29 AM
Then you probably don't have enough boxes. You must buy more boxes and lots of little metal men to fill them.  ;)

This is what I use.  http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/onlineshop/rub/tTower10x4lDrawT.php

I put an internal divider in each drawer so that there are two levels in each drawer.  You can move the units around on the castors.  No problem at all. 

My 10mm collection that started life in the 1980s, currently approximately 33,600 figures.  I don't use them all at once, of course.

kodiakblair

I use these myself.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiger-STORAGE-Multi-Purpose-Organiser-Utility/dp/B00CMNXTJW/ref=pd_sim_229_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7WD35GSX8MYA48AQJGVX

Got mine from Poundland though. The slim are 20mm deep and the thick are 40mm deep. Get 25 bases 60mm x 40mm in each,lined with ferro sheet ( £1.40 eBay) . The bases themselves have magnetic tape
stuck to the bottom (£1 per Metre,eBay)