Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

lowlylowlycook

That's an awesome muddy base.  I can feel my boot being pulled off my foot.

Terry37

Thank you all for the kind comments.

For the basing of my figures I start with some Elmer's wood putty that I thin with water as needed and then apply it with a brush. To create the mud look of No Man's Land,  I would make any high areas first with pieces of balsa wood, and then apply he putty over it. Then as the putty was starting to harden, I took the remnant of an old paint brush with no real bristles left and sort of picked and jabbed and tortured the putty. Then if needed I'd take a wet brush and smooth any unrealistic areas and re-torture if needed. Then when the putty was dry, to create smaller pieces of dirt and mud I sprinkled some mixed size model railroad ballast over an area of clear glaze. Then when the glaze dried I'd give it another coat of glaze and it was fixed to the base.

Once the basing material was all well dried I'd paint it with a base coat of appropriate color and then start going over that with various very thin washes of paint. Lastly I'd paint in any specific ares I wanted shadowed and using a "we"t dry brush feather in some highlights.

It's a slow process, but is one I am happy with and feel it is worth the time.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}