Hello from a 10mm building sculptor!

Started by Battlescale, 16 January 2017, 08:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

17 January 2017, 07:53:22 AM #15 Last Edit: 17 January 2017, 08:03:49 AM by fsn
Quote from: d_Guy on 16 January 2017, 11:56:36 PM
So Cheshire is like the cheese capital of Britain, much like Wisconsin here?
Well Leicester and the area around Cheddar in Somerset, bits of Wales like Caerphilly, bits of Scotland and some parts of Northern Ireland would disagree, but they make a particular type of cheese in Cheshire. It's crumbly and quite dense.  

On this side of the pond, we are just informed by your TV and film documentaries, that all cheese in the US comes in a can.  :-&

My daughter spent a semester in Wisconsin. There are similarities to Cheshire ... but not many.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Cheshire , Lancashire and Leicesershire all produce county named cheeses, but the most popular cheese in Britain is Cheddar, which originated in Somerset. It is now produced all over the place, including Canada. If you go to the cheese section of a supermarket there is more cheddar than anything else, a bit like going to the Military History section of a bookshop only to find that the history of the military only existed between 1914 and 1945.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Whereas Shropshire Blue was invented in Scotland, and is made in Cheshire!  :'(
Welcome to thread hijackers and derailers anonymous!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Question to the forum, "What would be the best cheese to use for making 10mm buildings?"   :-\

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

skywalker

toxicpixie

Good for ruins, with it's crumbly texture, but probably not the best for anything intact...

Plastic supermarket cheddar is probably good. It's strong, flexible and takes superglue well. Although you'd need to run the grater over external surfaces first to get a bit of texture?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Battlescale

I'm on the Staffordshire/Cheshire border. I live in a small village called Betley and my workshop is in Audley.

d_Guy

Quote from: fsn on 17 January 2017, 07:53:22 AM
On this side of the pond, we are just informed by your TV and film documentaries, that all cheese in the US comes in a can.  :-&

It may be worse than that - we have American "cheese" (major application - bacon-cheeseburgers), it usually comes in individually wrapped slices, which have the density of tofu, the flexibility of an 18 year old gymnast and the taste of lightly seasoned styrofoam. I love it!

@Steve - just got your email that my order is shipped!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

That's what has to be described as "cheese-like product" here where we (for the moment) have food standards that require food to be at least vaguely as claimed :D

I quite like it, but it ain't cheese...
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Techno

Quote from: skywalker on 17 January 2017, 10:15:43 AM
Wensleydale?       ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes ?......Oh, I thought you were talking to me....Mr Wensleydale....That's my name.

Cheers - A Twerp.

Fenton

Quote from: Westmarcher on 17 January 2017, 09:16:17 AM
Question to the forum, "What would be the best cheese to use for making 10mm buildings?"   :-

[/quotel]

For older houses in SE Asia I think Stilt-on would best
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

d_Guy

Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

Go and get your coats.......the pair of you !

(Wait until Nobby's chewed them first, though.)

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Quote from: Battlescale on 17 January 2017, 01:26:39 PM
I'm on the Staffordshire/Cheshire border. I live in a small village called Betley and my workshop is in Audley.
Too late. This thread is a runaway, and there's edam all you can do about it. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data