2017 deaths and climbing

Started by Fenton, 12 January 2017, 01:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Another one of those "well I thought he'd been dead for years". Perhaps I'm confusing him with John Thaw?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Subedai

Quote from: fsn on 21 March 2017, 06:10:43 PM
Another one of those "well I thought he'd been dead for years". Perhaps I'm confusing him with John Thaw?

I must be honest, I thought the same.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Malbork

Orcs

"And its goodnight from Him" !

Ronny Corbett has got to tell Shaggy Dog stories in the Sky

Goodbye to someone who made me laugh till it hurt.

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Fenton

Didn't he pass away last year?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

mollinary

2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Orcs on 03 April 2017, 02:19:49 PM
"And its goodnight from Him" !

Ronny Corbett has got to tell Shaggy Dog stories in the Sky

Goodbye to someone who made me laugh till it hurt.

... What? Again?

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,13948.0.html

Orcs! Wake up!   ;D ;D ;D
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Techno

Try and keep up, Mark.  X_X

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Grumpy Phil. (I shouldn't be grumpy......It looks like I've got a month off from doctors and hospitals, after tomorrow....from being poked, prodded or scanned....Then it all starts again......SIGH !)

Heedless Horseman

Re RIP Ronnie Corbett...there actually is a 'most popular' headline on todays BBC News page 03/04/17...though article is dated 2016. Why so popular? Maybe people liked him more than May, Trump, Putin, Sturgeon or Jong-un?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35934024
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Orcs

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 03 April 2017, 09:56:38 PM
Re RIP Ronnie Corbett...there actually is a 'most popular' headline on todays BBC News page 03/04/17...though article is dated 2016. Why so popular? Maybe people liked him more than May, Trump, Putin, Sturgeon or Jong-un?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35934024

Yes, This is why I got confused. Sorry.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Westmarcher

Tim Pigott-Smith. Best known for The Jewel in the Crown. I saw him on stage fairly recently in Charles III - great performance. Looks like he died unexpectedly as, of all the plays any actor could be involved in before he dies, he was due to perform in Death of a Salesman in Northampton on Monday.  :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

Quote from: Westmarcher on 07 April 2017, 06:40:21 PM
Tim Pigott-Smith. Best known for The Jewel in the Crown. I saw him on stage fairly recently in Charles III - great performance. Looks like he died unexpectedly as, of all the plays any actor could be involved in before he dies, he was due to perform in Death of a Salesman in Northampton on Monday.  :(

Very sad news. He was also an excellent narrator of audio books. His telling of Bernard Cornwell's Arthur trilogy, the Winter King, Excalibur and Enemy of God, was first class.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!