Water/fire elemental Warband pictures

Started by BartDujardin, 10 January 2017, 01:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Nice work. I'd not noticed the little hands on the fire elemental before.

I like the red eyes on the water elementals - and the strong shade seems to work, especially as its not dry - I left mine shiny, to make them look wet
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

BartDujardin

11 January 2017, 07:05:57 AM #17 Last Edit: 11 January 2017, 07:07:54 AM by BartDujardin
Quote from: fred. on 10 January 2017, 10:22:42 PM

I like the red eyes on the water elementals - and the strong shade seems to work, especially as its not dry - I left mine shiny, to make them look wet

Yup, that is what I wonder. The 'old' quickshade always kept a very glossy effect and that would be good for a water elemental. Not sure about the darkest tone on the gradations of blue tho, so only tried one so far.

All my old pots of quickshade seemed to have dried out which is bummer seeing the price, so I only bought one new pot and will see how it holds up. I believe there's also sprays available now to make them less shiny.

Anyway, I also shaded some dwarfs and rats, will see for some pictures of those too later on

Quote from: fred. on 10 January 2017, 10:22:42 PM

Well only on one sculpt, as the other ones are mostly one long pillar. I only noticed them when highlighting, really, which made me grab a third shade of yellow to try and bring out only the hands more. I also use green for the eyes - Like the water elementals, contrary colours work well for an eerie effect