Water/fire elemental Warband pictures

Started by BartDujardin, 10 January 2017, 01:30:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BartDujardin

Some of the first ones I ordered and had a try on. They're very detailed for the scale. I'll probably end up using more highlights to accent the fire elemental's face and hands, and the water elemental went back for all 6 of them to just red eyes - way eerier an effect.

Wulf

Nice paint job, details stand out well. Not a criticism but... did you deliberately reverse the colours of the Fire elemental? Real flames are brighter - yellow - at the base dulling down to red at the tips of the visible flames. Yours - like many others - is the reverse. I've never been sure which to use, the 'real' colours, or the commonly represented & recognised ones.

BartDujardin

No, just that the highlighting was mostly done drybrushing so I touched the outskirts more often than not. Also, I used a 3rd lighter yellow to try to highlight mostly the hands of the elemental. I still need to have a look at inking and a coat tho

Techno

DFlynSqrl

These are really sharp.  I especially like the water elemental.

Wulf

The water elemental looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost  :)

BartDujardin

Quote from: Wulf on 10 January 2017, 02:33:41 PM
The water elemental looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost  :)

The water elementals, with the rather lively water effect with a bit of shading and highlight, next to a light red chosen for the eyes and the way they all 6 are sculpted, come across as very threatening IMHO. Way more than the fire elemental. I'll try to get some other pics :)

petercooman

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

PB

BartDujardin

10 January 2017, 08:28:27 PM #12 Last Edit: 10 January 2017, 08:34:32 PM by BartDujardin

The left has had a layer of quickshade - dark tone and is drying

Techno

I really like those, Bart.  8)
Cheers - Phil.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner