Hai from Belgium

Started by BartDujardin, 10 January 2017, 01:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BartDujardin

Quote from: mad lemmey on 11 January 2017, 07:24:26 AM
Try popping them on those wooden coffee stirrers McDnalds use...

For quickshading? Yeah but the bases for some molds like the dwarfs with guns have 'rock' with a lot of little holes which I would like to do on the base itself too, so I can quickshade all figures in one go + the base and have a coherent effect. Or, well, that's the idea, if it messes up, then it gets plastered with some grass etc. :)

I don't need McDo, we have those stirrers in plastic at work :)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

;D I should have said McDonalds, or wherever you can steal them from!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Quote from: BartDujardin on 11 January 2017, 07:01:17 AM
THAT glad to see me huh?

Ian often greets newcomers with 'Moaning'. :)

It comes from an old comedy TV programme, where there was a British agent (Officer Crabtree) during WWII, working in Belgium.
Officer Crabtree attempted to speak French....But was hopeless.

His greeting of "Good morning".....Would be pronounced "Good moaning."
Naturally, if you've never seen the programme "'Allo, 'Allo."...... You'd have no chance of understanding where that comes from !!  ;)

Hope that clears that up for you, Bart !

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

A belated welcome and "yes" in Japanese from me, too, Monsieur Garden. Visited Ghent awaaaaay back. Nice medieval architecture indeed. Being a non-Flemish speaker and not encountering many English speakers, I found it slightly tricky to decipher restaurant menus. But I eventually narrowed it down to chicken, chips and blonde beer!  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Welcome from me too. Not painted much in the way of fantasy, but as you can tell from my nom de plume I do rather enjoy painting Belgians.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

petercooman

Quote from: Techno on 11 January 2017, 10:03:23 AM

It comes from an old comedy TV programme, where there was a British agent (Officer Crabtree) during WWII, working in Belgium.

Naturally, if you've never seen the programme "'Allo, 'Allo."...... You'd have no chance of understanding where that comes from !!  ;)

Cheers - Phil

I'm pretty sure allo allo was in France Phil, not Belgium.

'oh god,it's the idiot who thinks he can speak french'  ;D

Still, best moments were always:

'it is I, leclerc' when you could spot the bugger from a mile away  :D

Techno

You're absolutely right, Peter....Don't know why I put Belgium down. :-[

Cheers - Cracking up of Wales  ;D

BartDujardin

Quote from: Leman on 11 January 2017, 10:15:26 AM
Welcome from me too. Not painted much in the way of fantasy, but as you can tell from my nom de plume I do rather enjoy painting Belgians.

Actually I have WW2 painted in all sorts of scales, 6mm Napoleonic, ACW in both 10mm and 15mm, etc.; I just like painting, got thousands, but never get around to a game :)

BartDujardin

Quote from: Techno on 11 January 2017, 10:03:23 AM

Cheers - Phil

We always said 'Good meuuuuning' over here for Allo allo :)

BartDujardin

Quote from: Westmarcher on 11 January 2017, 10:06:56 AM
A belated welcome and "yes" in Japanese from me, too, Monsieur Garden. Visited Ghent awaaaaay back. Nice medieval architecture indeed. Being a non-Flemish speaker and not encountering many English speakers, I found it slightly tricky to decipher restaurant menus. But I eventually narrowed it down to chicken, chips and blonde beer!  :-bd

Nah Ghent is very tourist-y so a lot of menu's available in English. I tend to stay away from the city center during good weather days for that reason, total tourist overload. I live on the other side of town, nice and quiet, little park next to the window of the sleeping room + smallish castle/home to someone in the front :)

petercooman

Quote from: BartDujardin on 11 January 2017, 11:28:47 AM
Actually I have WW2 painted in all sorts of scales, 6mm Napoleonic, ACW in both 10mm and 15mm, etc.; I just like painting, got thousands, but never get around to a game :)

Never tried solo gaming?

BartDujardin

Quote from: petercooman on 11 January 2017, 11:45:07 AM
Never tried solo gaming?

Oh. Is that what the youngsters call it nowadays?

FierceKitty

Quote from: petercooman on 11 January 2017, 10:33:01 AM
I'm pretty sure allo allo was in France Phil, not Belgium.

'oh god,it's the idiot who thinks he can speak french'  ;D

Still, best moments were always:

'it is I, leclerc' when you could spot the bugger from a mile away  :D

"LeClerc: man of a thousand faces, all of zem ze same."
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

skywalker

Orcs

Welcome to the Forum,

I am about three quarters of the way through a 10mm ww2 Belgian army, and will be dry-brushing the Belgian tanks this afternoon.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson