2017 Cavalcade of Whimsey - the one true thread

Started by d_Guy, 08 January 2017, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Nice figures. And nice 1:1 kit.

The wheel lock is very nice - might one be so bold (or even gauche) as to enquire the approx cost of such a piece? I guessing the equivalent of several Pendraken armies!!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

d_Guy

Fred, I bought it after some close inspection, disassembly and haggling for $875, forty years ago - my wife was not pleased - she believed (with some justification) that I had overpaid.

As the striker wheel is frozen in its bushing and the drive chain is broken (a common problem) I doubt it has appreciated much in value  :(
About 33 ECW army packs (although I would take 10 if the were already painted!)  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

fred.

Ta. Not quite as much as I was expecting - though I suppose that is without inflation.

I was trying to think of something to compare - and struggling as 40 years ago I was buying mars bars for 10p ;)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

toxicpixie

Inflation since '77 knocks the current price to about $3500 US. Ouch.

I should sell muskets not paint mini's :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

yup! As it it sits now I'm in the hole ~ $1600 on this one! 

On the other hand painting mini's is a pure value add!   :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

At least console yourself with if it was a car, you'd be totally screwed ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting