What was the last ruleset you played 2017?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 06 January 2017, 07:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

King of Tokyo is a great fun game. Played King of New York recently which is the second edition - it has some nice improvements/additions
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leman

1. Ronin

2. Two standard Samurai Buntai

3. Took a little unravelling initially. We had a good game, but I have since reread and realised we did combat all wrong.

4. This was indeed a first playing.

5. Two of us played with my opponent bringing everything round except the dice. We used a very attractive battlement from Tiny Terrain and 28mm Perry Figures, painted by my opponent. He won.

[imghttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g440/dourpuritan/Ronin/IMG_2064_zpsnymm8aqu.jpg[[/img]http://

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

4 games of MeG.
Scored 17/60 and was firmly in last place, but I did use 10mm figures!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Biggles Rolls a 6, SPAD XIII vs Fokker Dr I, becoming familiar with them, and I got blasted out of the sky again. Wife is now a lieutenant and a holder of the Noble Order of the Black Eagle.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

sunjester

Guess it's my turn to start this thread!
The traditional questions:

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? -FIRE AND FURIA FRANCESE (Fire and Fury mods by Wyre Forest Wargames).
2) What armies were confronted? -1870 French and Prussian
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes very
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - No
5) How many players were in the game? - 2

A very close fought game, with the Prussians on the verge of breaking through the French defence when casualties forced them to give up. A French victory by a whisker.

T13A

Hi

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - To the Strongest!
2) What armies were confronted? - Romans v Gauls
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Pretty much
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - Yes and no. My second game introducing the rules to two friends who have not played them before
5) How many players were in the game? - 3

Good game. The rules seem remarkably crisp and easy to understand even for new people to the rules.

Cheers Paul
T13A Out!

Raider4

Quote from: FierceKitty on 09 October 2017, 01:03:15 AM
Biggles Rolls a 6
What's that then? Doing a Google search on this gets exactly one result, and it's this forum post!

M.
--

toxicpixie

It's Kitty's Home brew string bags rules, I believe!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

hakejumble

1) What ruleset did you use in your last game?

Rapid Fire!

2) What forces were involved?

Soviet & Germans

3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset?

Yes.

4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset?

No

5) How many players were in the game?

— Visit my items for sale page at
https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/bobs-and-bits26

—� Visit my portfolio at www.fumblesfigures.com

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Raider4 on 17 October 2017, 09:49:22 PM
What's that then? Doing a Google search on this gets exactly one result, and it's this forum post!

M.
--

Pixie's right. Home-brew. Copy on request, though they're a bit seat of the pants.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

I gave up on fiddling with WW1 airplane rules when Wings of War came out. They're just brilliant, and it's such an easy game. I'll get the one plane, I said, o-ho-ho!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Chad

1. What ruleset did you use in your last game?  Black Powder
2. What forces were involved?  French v Prussian in 1792
3. Did you feel comfortable with the rule set ? Yes.
4. and...was this the first time you used this rule set? No, but had not used them for some time.
5. How many players? 2

This was the first in a series of test games to establish if Black Powder could be used for
the French Revolution. The forces consisted of:

French - 6 battalions 'Les Bleus', 3 battalions 'Les Blancs', 4 companies Chasseurs-a-Pied, 4 Squadrons
Chasseurs-a-Cheval and a 8pdr battery.

Prussians - 8 battalions of line, 2 battalion guns, 4 squadrons Dragoons and a 6pdr battery.

The French held a village and surroundings and the Prussians attacked. All French except the battery
were were randomised in terms of their ability using the 'Toolbox' features of the rules. The Prussians
all had predetermined ability. The outcome of the game was as expected with the French soundly beaten.

The next game will reverse the position, with smaller Prussian forces defending the village against
numerically superior French. This will be to determine if numbers can offset their randomised abilities.
From there, I will move on to 1793, 1794, etc. with French abilities being progressively improved.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

And hopefully going on to 1806 when the Prussian command is at its worst!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner