What was the last ruleset you played 2017?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 06 January 2017, 07:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldenBUA

Quote from: Leman on 08 August 2017, 09:46:38 AM
Yes, it was a very good game and initially looked as though it would be a walk in the park for the Prussians. They sent in a massive attack against one French unit and a battery of mitrailleuses holding a small chateau. The Prussians accrued 16 dice, the French 5. A fairly poor roll by the Prussians and a good roll by the French, who then managed to save all bar one hit, whilst the Prussians did the same, resulted in a stand off with the Prussians taking more hits and only saving one of those. The Prussians had another go but this time lost the assault and had to withdraw, taking more casualties. This resulted in the Prussians later failing a morale roll and having to withdraw further taking even more casualties. Their artillery then let rip on the chateau, destroying the mitrailleuse battery but failing to dislodge the infantry who remained there to the end of the battle.
Am I the only one thinking that this chateau probably had a well stocked wine cellar? Maybe a little depleted after the last victory celebration.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leman

It certainly did, as the French lost two bases to drunkenness in the pre-game roll off.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Star Wars Armada
2) What armies were confronted? - Rebels vs Imperials
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - much more now I actually own it.
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - nope
5) How many players were in the game? - three, two Rebels and me as the Imperials.

I finally won a game! Lost a Victory Class Star Destroyer and a Cruiser, but wiped out all their fighters and a heavy cruiser! :). Tiny point victory!! Yay!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Fenton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Spear and Sword Fantasy
2) What armies were confronted? - Lizardmen vs Chaos
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - Yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - I have played the historical set a few time but this was the first time playing the fantasy version
5) How many players were in the game? - Two and an Umpire who guided us through the rules

The outcome was I got completely battered as the Lizardman army
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

That sounds pretty good! Lucky chaos guys catching the lizards!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Bolt Action
2) What armies were confronted? - Germans vs Russians
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - after a while, they certainly are not complex!
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - yes
5) How many players were in the game? - two

Managed a win. For a first game vs an experienced player, I'll take that!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

1. Walter Schnaffs (Square Bashing for the FPW.

2. Early French republican v. Prussians

3. Very comfortable. The game rattled along as we had done the pre-game set up, laid out the battlefield and troops and carried out the first move at our previous meeting. We completed the game in just over two hours.

4. This was its third outing.

5. Two players.

Things were looking good for the Prussians who held three of the four objectives, but then a counter-attack by the French threw the Prussians out of the the chateau they had taken. The French also managed a bombardment from their fortress guns which held up the Prussian right flank. At the end of the game the French gained a lot of points as defenders, plus they had two of the objectives and had achieved a break through victory.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

toxicpixie

Crikey. Immediately order that commander to have a bottle of wine and sit in a fort for several months until surrendering! He's up to something!

Chris Pringle