What was the last ruleset you played 2017?

Started by Duke Speedy of Leighton, 06 January 2017, 07:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: toxicpixie on 20 December 2017, 08:37:08 AM
Repeat after me: I do NOT need another set of rules. I do NOT need another set of rules.

Oh yes you do !!!
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Quote from: ianrs54 on 20 December 2017, 09:50:40 AM
Oh yes you do !!!

OH NO HE DOESN'T!

Well someone had to ... it's that time of year :D
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

I worry that it may be widow Twanky behind me!  :o
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

Yep, those rules sound very interesting, but must resist...

Shecky

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - Pickett's Charge
2) What armies were confronted? - Union vs. Confederates
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes, but there were rules we forgot
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - no
5) How many players were in the game? - three. Since I was the only one to have played previously I took the Union while the two other players took the Confederates.

It ended with the Confederates smashing my left flank and center. The two other players graciously agreed to play as I'm primarily a historical player and their more into 40k or other skirmish games.  I'll return the favor by playing 40k with them tomorrow.

paulr

1) What ruleset do you use in your last game? - DBA
2) What armies were confronted? - IV/17 Later Crusader 1128-1303AD vs. IV/2 Cilician Armenian 1071-1375AD
3) Did you feel comfortable with the ruleset? - yes
4) and... was this the first time you used this ruleset? - no
5) How many players were in the game? - one

A solo game to mark the end of the year and to give the one DBA army of the Crusades project I haven't used, IV/17 Later Crusader 1128-1303AD, a run

It ended up as a very close win for the Later Crusaders #:-S

They were behind for most of the game losing two Knight elements to Bow early and at one point being 3 - 1 down before recovering to 3 - 2 :-SS
It looked like they had lost, having lost their fourth element but managed to kill 2 Armenian elements in that bound leaving both tied on 4 - 4 :o
Finally the foot sergeants, Spear, managed to flank one of the Armenian Spear and after two attempts actually kill it for the win :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!