British Peninsular War 1808 to 1814

Started by steamingdave, 05 January 2017, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamingdave

There used to be a range, with infantry in stovepipes, light dragoons in Tarletons and heavy cavalry in bicornes etc. Any possibility that it will ever be remodelled? The figures would do pretty well until the end of the Peninsular War and even for some Waterloo regiments ( 28th Foot, Rifles etc). If no likelihood, then it looks like Magister Militum, Old Glory (but hate infantry in strips) or Bend Sinister will be getting my wargaming pounds this year.

Leon

That range was discontinued as the figures were very old and the moulds weren't too great to cast from any more.  There will be a replacement range of Peninsular British coming at some point, but we don't have any timescales on that yet.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

senormeek

Hi

I'll be watching that one with interest. The armies I'm building are Hundred Days, so most things are very well covered. But I need stovepipes for the 28th, Hanoverians and Dutch-Belgian militia. Am too anal to use belgic!

Cheers

Mike

d_Guy

They would also be pretty decent proxies for American 1812!
BTW, Welcome to the forum senormeek!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

John Cook

Quote from: steamingdave on 05 January 2017, 03:00:03 PM
There used to be a range, with infantry in stovepipes, light dragoons in Tarletons and heavy cavalry in bicornes etc. Any possibility that it will ever be remodelled? The figures would do pretty well until the end of the Peninsular War and even for some Waterloo regiments ( 28th Foot, Rifles etc). If no likelihood, then it looks like Magister Militum, Old Glory (but hate infantry in strips) or Bend Sinister will be getting my wargaming pounds this year.

Quite so.  A major omission that would fit in with the French 1809.  Then there are no 1815 French either.  I've gone down the same route as you for my Peninsular project.