Reduce the mountain!! 2017 painting progress!

Started by petercooman, 05 January 2017, 02:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Some more imperial guard:

a sentinel with extra parts to make it an armoured sentinel.

an ogryn

Adding 2 gives me: 573 models finished!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Finally finished the snipers bases.

SO 576 models finished!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Like them, Peter. I'm curious, is the the armor removable from the up-armored sentinel or so you have to make a choice between the configuration? I know zero about this genre but I like seeing the operator. Pretty cool stuff.
Sleep with clean hands ...

petercooman

The top can be switched between configurations. As long as You don't swing It about it won't fall off.

Main difference is that the One where You can See the driver counts as Open topped so is more vulnerable.

lowlylowlycook

petercooman

07 July 2017, 10:00:08 AM #173 Last Edit: 07 July 2017, 10:03:04 AM by petercooman
Finished some imperial guard.

10 man desert raider squad:

Catachan jungle fighters:

A few were already painted, but didn't have their bases finished untill now. The missile launcher catachan doesn't have a base, haven't decided wich one to give him yet!

So adding 22 models to the tally:

598 models finished!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

1500+, you're catching me!

Good job on those.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

petercooman

08 July 2017, 02:31:07 PM #177 Last Edit: 08 July 2017, 03:09:35 PM by petercooman
Thanks all!

Made a dave graffam ruined church just now, and some of his crosspiece ruins a few days ago.

the ruined church (still have to paint the edges so the white cardboard doesn't show.

with the (removable) back wall gone

over exposed pic of the crosspiece ruins: glued these to thick cardboard and just put tecture paint on the edges.

fred.

I like what you have done with the cross-piece ruins - the cardboard makes them have some width, giving you the good look of the paper and the 3D effect.

For me the ruined church doesn't really work, as the walls just look too thin. It would benefit from a similar treatment to the ruins.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

09 July 2017, 02:25:38 PM #179 Last Edit: 09 July 2017, 02:27:47 PM by petercooman
Yes i know, i would have liked to make the church with the same materials. Only problem is, the ruined walls are 'free'. What i mean is that they are just one piece models.

The ruined church is not, so when you start making the walls out of that thick cardboard, they don't fit togheter anymore. The cardboard i used for the ruins is about 8mm thick.

what i did consider was printing an additional copy, and making cardboard templates to fit the finished model, and put the outside walls on those, and then add it to the finished model. The good thing about that is that i ony have to make them for the parts i can see, and so saves me a ton of work. And while i do that, i can use the finished model for games!  :D

Of course that has to wait a bit, because i still have a set of those ruin pieces o make, and some small ruined houses (i just finished one).