Reduce the mountain!! 2017 painting progress!

Started by petercooman, 05 January 2017, 02:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 14 December 2017, 07:52:00 AM
Well done Peter, a big pile of figures painted throughout the year.

I like the last few personality commanders.

The pill box is cool too, did you add the texture?  But you need to paint the tabs that show when the roof is off.

Yes, i picked up this bottle  a while ago in an "action" shop for a few euros.

Just painted that on in two layers, and gave it a wash with dark grey when dry.

I had painted the tabs on the bunker itself in the first step, but it was such a tight fit i had to scrape them clean again. even now, with a bit of texture on the edges of the roof, i end up turning the roof around a couple times before i find a way to fit it in. VERY thight fit!

Will probably try washing them with a black wash and see how that goes.

toxicpixie

Well done, mate :D

Pillbox looks good - those concrete/rough effect sprays are dead handy!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Actually it's no spray. Just a cheap and big bottle of paint!

Thanks!

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Quote from: toxicpixie on 14 December 2017, 10:04:09 AM
Oh, it's a paint on?! Wowzers, cool :D

Yup very easy. That way you can mix paint in and make different colours.

toxicpixie

sunjester

That looks very handy, I'll keep an eye open for that.

petercooman

Don't know if you guys have Action stores in England, but they always have some there. I use quite a bit of their acryllics. Cheap and great for basecoats!

ErHo

Quote from: petercooman on 14 December 2017, 12:13:09 PM
Don't know if you guys have Action stores in England, but they always have some there. I use quite a bit of their acryllics. Cheap and great for basecoats!

Ive seen this type of texture in 1 gallon cans Home Depot, but it wasnt exactly cheap.

AFAIK Action stores are non food, cheap products. 

I'd say its like Benjamin Franklins in the US, I dont know what they have like it in the UK.
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

petercooman

So with the miniature part done this year, i'm committing  myself to finish the scenery items tht have been gathering while i was painting the wee buggers.

warlord games stone walls and the buildings from the bolt action starter set.

I made 12 woodland bases as well, but they all look like the one in this picture, just in different sizes, so didn'tsee the point in making a foto  ;D

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Very nice, indeed, Peter.   :-bd

Cheers - Phil.

petercooman

Thanks all!

Next item done: sarissa precision jetty set for my pirate project

Went for a very weathered look with lots of green from the seaweed(s).
Not completely happy with how they came out, but i'll stick to it instead of trying to make it better and instead inevitably making it worse  ;D

And all of a sudden, all scenery is painted, wich seems ... odd  :-\

I could have sworn i bought more scenery stuff. Maybe i'll stumble on a box of stuff hidden away later on!