Reduce the mountain!! 2017 painting progress!

Started by petercooman, 05 January 2017, 02:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d_Guy

Really like the Marauder, definitly a very large model! I make it about 10 Mr. Silvers in length, so close to a foot?
Agree, it does appear to be riding a tad low in the water, must be all the gold on board. The sail design more than makes up for the lower freeboard, however.
:-bd
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

It'd be easy enough to make a foam board hull to sit her on wouldn't it? Wonder if you can use the textures to print out a cover for it to match the model...

Nice :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Quote from: d_Guy on 08 October 2017, 02:47:05 AM
Really like the Marauder, definitly a very large model! I make it about 10 Mr. Silvers in length, so close to a foot?
Agree, it does appear to be riding a tad low in the water, must be all the gold on board. The sail design more than makes up for the lower freeboard, however.
:-bd

Just measured, 13 iches in length. So your guess was close!

Quote from: toxicpixie on 08 October 2017, 08:44:06 AM
It'd be easy enough to make a foam board hull to sit her on wouldn't it? Wonder if you can use the textures to print out a cover for it to match the model...

Nice :)

Was thinking about that yesterday, could make another hull and glue supports to the insides, so I can "slot" the ship in there. Would bring the ship higher+ give me an accessible cargo hold! Will have to wait though, as my printer is out of "juice"...

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

petercooman

Quote from: petercooman on 08 October 2017, 09:24:26 AM

Just measured, 13 iches in length. So your guess was close!

Was thinking about that yesterday, could make another hull and glue supports to the insides, so I can "slot" the ship in there. Would bring the ship higher+ give me an accessible cargo hold! Will have to wait though, as my printer is out of "juice"...

managed to get this done just now! Just some corrugated cardboard ' borders' glued on top of each other and decorated with pieces from the original ship textures.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

Very effective, PETER!

I must steal that plan :D

petercooman

Quote from: toxicpixie on 14 October 2017, 03:40:32 PM
Very effective, PETER!

I must steal that plan :D

Steal away!

If I make another one, I'll think I'll use filler on the edges of the corrugated cardboard edges before I glue the textures on. For a nicer surface.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

petercooman

Got sidetracked working out orders for crisis and having fun with the pirates pocketmodel game, so very slow progress.

I will make 1000 I promise  ;D

petercooman

Hey all!

Had a bit of time off from painting stuff. Between making papercraft stuff and getting orders ready for crisis, i let the painting rest a bit. browsing around for  my new pirate project also took quite a bit of spare time.

But now, with the printer ink dried up, and crisis over and gone (anda week of glueing quite a bit of new models togheter), it's time to regain the momentum and run the final stretch towards the 1000 painted models mark!

I knew things were going to skid to a halt before crisis (that happens every year, getting orders togheter for pick up, browsing the websites of traders etc...), and had hoped to have 900 models ready before that happened. I didn't quite make that, but with 868 finished already I wasn't too far off, so with some extra effrt i would still be able to get to where i need to be. Next week is a short one for me, with only 2 days at the job, so i'll try to make the best of my free time!

But now, the important part! I already got started and finished some voltigeurs and casualty markers:

togheter with a base from my army to form a unit of 4 bases:

some extra casualty markers for my napoleonic armies with the ever usefull dice frames!

So adding 12 to the 868 i already had:  880 models finished!!!

On to 900!! Next up will be either french mounted and dismounted dragoons or british light dragoons, and maybe some mounted officers!

ps; have a bit of a glare on the pictures, but can't get it right. But the little one played with the camera!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman