Reduce the mountain!! 2017 painting progress!

Started by petercooman, 05 January 2017, 02:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowlylowlycook

The brick ruins are very nice. 

The church works as well.  As with all wargaming it takes a bit of suspension of disbelief, that's all.

petercooman

Haven't done much painting lately, but did order more USMC and japanese from warlord games.

This meant i needed some suitable scenery, so made some palm trees today.

a picture with a bolt action marine for scale:

Went pretty fast, started these only this afternoon. Started life as a big wood screw glued to a base. Then wrapped with kitchen towel soaked in a pva/water/brown paint mixture, leaves cut out from green card and hairy bits with offcuts from a coconut mat (very fitting!)

Bases have been textured, wil  leave overnight to dry and highlight / flock tomorrrow!

No bad for a quick and dirty little project, if i say so myself  ;)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

I can smell the rotting coconuts from here! Really well done.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Thanks chaps!
Now the biggest problem with tem:

Where do I store these    :o

petercooman

23 July 2017, 01:44:56 PM #187 Last Edit: 23 July 2017, 01:47:36 PM by petercooman
Got the bases finished, opted to make a nice green base for overgrown jungle. Will try to make some area bases so can put these on in the configuration i want, just like my normal woodland bases/trees. Could maybe add some lichen to the bases, to represent even more overgrown areas, but i will wait a bit and see. Lately i just keep a big bag of lichen and put it on the battlefield wherever i want, so might not be necessary! Is really usefull, as you can move the lichen out of the way when moving through or standing on top (wobbly model syndrome! )

And although not really miniatures, i did make these from start to finish, so i am adding them to the tally (just to keep me motivated  :) )

so adding 25: 623 miniatures finished!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

petercooman

So, what shall we build next ?

Log bunker? Hut? Or just paint some models or play a game. Decisions!

Smoking gun

Now they've knocked me down and taken it, that still hot and smoking gun.

Techno

petercooman

Spent the biggest part of yesterday making paper models from dave graffam.

Still need to paint the edges, but thought i'd share!

Two livestock shelters (although they will be used as jungle shelters for my japanese, i left the hay bales and water throughs out especially for that purpose)

the 'outbuildings' set from dave graffam in the back (barn, shed, outhouse,doghouse and chicken coop) , next to his free 'observatorium'. Will use the last one for fantasy, and will combine the outbuildings with his 'coach house' to make a farm complex for my napoleonic battles. i already made that coach house a while ago.

Now i really should stop with making terrain/buildings and get cracking on the miniatures again!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!