Change to Pricing on Custom Orders

Started by Leon, 04 January 2017, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: jean1951 on 28 January 2017, 08:35:10 PM
I have just seen your change in pricing.  Everyone seems happy with paying basically 25% more for a custom order.  In  my first order I purchased figures from the league of Augsburg and a second order was for flags.  In the miniature order I ordered a  bag of 30 standard bearers..  Now would this fall as a custom order.  I am asking because you offer one standard per command group.  The flags you sell both have a Colonel and regimental standard each needing a standard bearer. 

Thanks for the message, your bag of standard bearers would now count as a custom order, so it would be £6.00 for the 30 figures, instead of £4.95 (or £5.00 instead of £4.13 as you are outside the EU).  As Orcs says above, to get 30 standard bearers we have to spin the mould 5 times and throw away the other figures, so it is 400% extra spins/time for us, but only 20% extra to the customer.  Still not a bad deal!

Quote from: jean1951 on 28 January 2017, 08:35:10 PM
Also I purchased two ready made arimes one allied and one french.  In the ready made armies I have pikemen included with no pikes.  So to me it is not a ready made army since I have to buy the pikes. 

I've popped a reply through to your email as well, the army packs are more 'starter' packs so they've got a nice selection to get your army started. The pikes aren't included as lots of folk prefer to either use their own wire, or something different like brush bristles, etc.

Quote from: Orcs on 29 January 2017, 08:09:03 AM
A spin of a mould in the casting machine takes about 2 minutes and probably produces the contents of a single pack.

Yep, spot on with one spin producing a full pack, sometimes with a couple of spares which we can keep in the spares trays for future use.  It's about 4 minutes per spin, so 15 spins per hour, producing roughly £75 worth of product.  Sounds quite good until you consider that a 28mm company can put 15 figures in a mould, so 15 spins per hour = 225 figures per hour.  At £1.20-£1.50 per figure these days, that's a pretty good output!

Quote from: jean1951 on 30 January 2017, 02:21:14 PM
My feelings is to have three mould offiers. standard bearer and drummer.  The rank and file one mould per different poses.

The moulds are all setup to produce one pack, so a pack of LoA infantry has all the poses in the same mould.  Splitting the moulds into individual poses would mean you'd have to spin 3 or 4 moulds to get enough of each pose to make a pack.  You would of course have more than one complete pack, but if you've only sold 1 then you've got 3 more sitting in stock waiting for someone to buy them.  We don't have the space for keeping stock unfortunately.  Plus that would mean a lot of moulds!  There's about 1500 of them already, so splitting the poses would mean 3000-4000 moulds!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

jean1951

Leon,

Thanks you for the reply.  Not really worried with the price increase for custom orders.

Best regards,

Jean

Shutuphippie

Fine with me - all makes sense and very logical.

I'm just happy I can get custom bits now and then..........  *cough* just sent you an email asking for a couple of bits for ECW  to be added to my latest order :D
2018 Painting Competition - Winner!

Leon

Quote from: Shutuphippie on 25 February 2017, 11:15:47 PM
*cough* just sent you an email asking for a couple of bits for ECW  to be added to my latest order :D

:D

All received, I'll drop you an email reply when I'm back in the office tomorrow.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Quote from: FierceKitty on 06 January 2017, 12:02:29 PM
Yeah, salt, sugar, penicillin, arsenic...who cares? It's all white powder anyway....
Sorry, just noticed this. While the intent is proper and understood the chemist in me requires that I say that while sugar and penicillin can take a white powdery form, salt (NaCl) is crystalline and arsenic is a grey metal.
Sleep with clean hands ...

ErHo

I appreciate the open book explanation of costs vs all the resources and time that goes into it, and its more than fair.

I hesitated on a custom order, but its not the huge hassle I had imagined!

Hopefully next month I'll get around to ordering more Dragonmen for my HQ unit and fairy bitz for my Gnomes

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Leon

Quote from: ErHo on 25 October 2017, 09:27:07 PM
Hopefully next month I'll get around to ordering more Dragonmen for my HQ unit and fairy bitz for my Gnomes

8)