Change to Pricing on Custom Orders

Started by Leon, 04 January 2017, 10:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffNNN

Fair enough. Always been amazed by the ease with which you did this.

Duckman

I think that this is perfectly reasonable  and its good that you will still allow us to customise an order.  There are a couple of manufacturers out there that will do this ( in other scales) and they charge a "custom pack" price.

Quote from: mad lemmey on 04 January 2017, 11:46:55 PM
No problems with that, might teach me to count!

This is a little worrying as I believe your a maths teacher. ( readers from across the pond please note the correct spelling of the numerical subject has an S on the end :) )

Terry37

Leon, This is only right and fair. I must also say how absolutely great you are to be so accommodating.

Because of your quality and service I keep looking for ways to use your figures.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Orcs

No worries from me on this one.  

Its right and proper that fiddly orders are charged a bit extra to cover the extra costs involved.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

Quote from: Duckman on 05 January 2017, 03:10:03 PM
This is a little worrying as I believe your a maths teacher. ( readers from across the pond please note the correct spelling of the numerical subject has an S on the end :) )

Shame you spelled 'your' wrong.  :P  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sorry, 'Ducky'  :-[...Couldn't resist that.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

=O =O
Primary (Lower) these days!
You're right, counting is a weak-point, the amount of units that end up short is incredible, mostly as I paint late at night when the brain isn't on!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leon

Thanks for the replies, good to see everyone's OK with this.

Quote from: fsn on 05 January 2017, 07:50:25 AM
What's "whatnot"?

Whatnot would be leccy-tricity and gas to run the machines! 

Quote from: fsn on 05 January 2017, 07:50:25 AM
On the upside, I can see that it's better for Pendraken Incorporated Inc to sensibly price these orders. On the downside, you may be "legitimising" the system, so those who wouldn't normally ask for bespoke may now do so. 

There may be a few people who decide to try some custom orders, but for the sake of a few £'s here and there I think most folk prefer to buy full packs and have some spares laying around.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

Will prices on 'bits' still be ad-hoc ("can I get an extra turret for a CHurchill IV please", etc)?

Leon

Quote from: Wulf on 05 January 2017, 04:40:30 PM
Will prices on 'bits' still be ad-hoc ("can I get an extra turret for a CHurchill IV please", etc)?

Yep, those would be covered by this bit:

Quote from: Leon on 04 January 2017, 10:25:48 PM
Other items/packs will be priced in a similar manner, basically around a 20% premium on top of the usual price.

So we can still supply them as normal, but there'd be a small price premium on it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

It seems perfectly reasonable - many companies won't or can't split packs. Either due to the effort or that they get full packs from their third party caster.

I bought a load of half packs at the start of the year, and thought it was a bit cheeky to ask. But Leon was absolutely fine. If it would have cost me 50p more a pack, I'd have been happy, and in some cases would have bought a full pack to have a few extras.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Kassad

2011 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Jasper

Very reasonable approach and thanks for informing people. I for one would always be prepared to pay extra for those times when I am looking for flexibility beyond standard packs.

Keep up the great work :)

Genom

To be fair the one time I did ask for a custom stuff, I didn't even know how much it cost until I picked it up at the show and paid for it.  I just trusted that I wasn't going to get ripped off given who I was dealing with.

FierceKitty

Quote from: Duckman on 05 January 2017, 03:10:03 PM

Readers in the English-speaking world note that your and you're are two different animals, especially before kicking Americans while they're down (as in recent lessons in the built-in effects of democracy).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.