Salute, London - Sat 22nd April

Started by Leon, 03 January 2017, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subedai

Quote from: Aksu on 23 April 2017, 05:35:37 PM
Hullo,
Enjoyed the show, got a good hoard of goodies including BKC from Leon et al. Quite a good number of 18th century games were in evidence, which was nice. And I even had a gold ticket in my gift bag so got a free figure toting bacback for all the loot I got. So, good fun and don't tell the missus how much essential wargaming gear I bought.
And BTW in the photo the muppet in the left hand corner is me, the handsome young chap on the right is Leon.
Cheers,
Aksu

Never having met either of you it was nice to have the l-r explained...eventually.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

d_Guy

Not trying to obtuse but I tend to think in terms of stage left - right, or flanks relative to the front facing. If I understand, you are the gentlemen in the glasses, Leon is the cherub-like person?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Aksu

Well... since actually both of us wear glasses... the gentleman wearing the blue shirt (pendraken corporate wear perchance?) is indeed young master Leon.
Aksu

Leon

And this is why you never see pictures of me online, face for radio is exactly the phrase!  Good to meet up with Aksu and everyone else who came by the stand during the day, it was our most successful Salute ever by quite some margin, helped in no small part by the BKC-III launch.  We'd brought 100 copies along, plus another 40+ in pre-orders and we were getting a bit worried as the day progressed that we'd underestimated the demand somewhat!  Luckily we just got through with a handful left at closing time.

Thanks must also go to the guys from Grenzer Games who put on a fantastic ACW display game for us.  There'll be some more pics online soon, but here's our quick shots from the day:

The buildings used in the game here are upcoming new releases, which we'll have on the website very soon.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Great to hear it was such a successful day :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Leon, indeed a pleasure getting to a name with a face. I am too new to the forum to know yet who all is who, but Aksu, thnaks for taking and posting the picture. Now when I read your posts I'll have your image as well. Nothing says more than a smile so I tip my cowboy hat to both of you!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Super shots of the game !

Delighted to hear you had such a good day, Leon.

(By the way......With regards to your latest photo.....You seem to be getting younger, rather than older.) ;)

Cheers - Phil.

Steve J

The game looked wonderful as I took the opportunity to have a peak before the doors opened. Great to hear that you had such a good day Leon. Our table was right by the door and there was a steady stream of visitors well into the afternoon, which obviously boded well for the traders. The show felt more open this year, which is no bad thing and the organisers did reduce the space for trade stands. Still missed loads of stuff as I only had about 30 - 45 minutes to try and take it all in.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

The game looks very good and those buildings are especially good. Shame I'm committed to other scales for the ACW with not enough hours in the day to convert and get on with my other projects.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Sandinista

I found Salute a bit hard going this year, nothing to do with a massive hangover from the previous evenings beer festival  8) 8)

Was good to say hi to a few people though

Cheers
Ian

toxicpixie

Very nice looking demo game, do i take it those are the new fences?

Also, good news on BKC :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Sandinista

oddly delayed double post

Cheers
Ian

Leon

Quote from: toxicpixie on 24 April 2017, 04:36:25 PM
Very nice looking demo game, do i take it those are the new fences?

Yep, new fences and new buildings on there.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!