Salute, London - Sat 22nd April

Started by Leon, 03 January 2017, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

No Luddite it was on a proper seat. A couple of years ago my Mrs and I went to London using our 2 together railcard and got tickets for £11 each, each way. A lady joined the train at York having bought a return ticket on the day and it was £165 X_X X_X
There is something to be said for booking in advance  ;D ;D ;D

Sandinista

Quote from: Orcs on 05 January 2017, 03:16:43 PM
Having been there its a small price to pay for the scenery and the views.

It does feel like I am being paid to be on holiday :-)
That said the Far North district is one of the more economically depressed areas of NZ, unemployment 10% double that for maori, and much lower wages than NZ average.

Cheers
Ian

Aksu

Hullo,
Ticket bought, plane ticket bought, hotel sorted - now for the tricky bit, what to pre-order. Some beautiful LoA, spears, laser cut fences, craters...
Cheers,
Aksu

Leon

Quote from: Aksu on 11 April 2017, 06:23:20 AM
Ticket bought, plane ticket bought, hotel sorted - now for the tricky bit, what to pre-order. Some beautiful LoA, spears, laser cut fences, craters...

I think one of each should be fine...!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Once again I will probably not make it there this year.
May it be highly profitable for the Pendraken crew!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Aksu

Salute 2017 yours truly and Leon, perfect faces for radio

Cheers,
Aksu

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

I am sure there is a law about issuing a public warning before posting photos like that.

Good to put a face to a name though Aksu.  Who is the other bloke?   :)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

pierre the shy

Always love reading the various reports on these shows and many thanks go to those who take the time to post many photos of games and the day in general.

I see that there was a game of Inverlochy put on by one of the 28mm manufacturers:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ljq5PcNXzQI/WPukpqaZetI/AAAAAAAClM4/jGfrYn0mddYdtjSOequIoT6Ys9tDMnLOQCPcB/s1600/Warlord%2BGames%2B-%2B%2BInverlochy%2B1645%2B%25283%2529.JPG

Love the looks on the faces of the Covenant player and the two bystanders - "your going to do what???" or "do you really want to do that?" :)

The blogger included a copy of BKC III in his purchases too I see.

Love to get there myself one year, but can't see that happening soon  :(
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

Techno

Quote from: Aksu on 22 April 2017, 05:27:23 PM
Salute 2017 yours truly and Leon, perfect faces for radio

Cheers,
Aksu

X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X X_X

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Why am I whistling the theme to Joe 90?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Aksu

d_Guy

@Asku: Thanks for the picture of you and Leon - my mental images are always different - I was within range for you but way off for Leon. I have pictured him more like the late Andy Rooney. I am thinking about a head swap.

@Pierre: I didn't make it either and likely won't until I can drive there. Thanks for the link to the Inverlochy picture!

I hope that was a very successful show for our forum hosts. This -selfishly - so you will continue to be around to produce Aztecs and other Meso-Americans, woodland Indians with bows and warclubs (yes you do have ONE figure), Spanish conquestidore types (yes - there are some proxies), LoA Scots regular foot in bonnets, some AFV even fsn has never seen before ..... etc, etc  :)
Sleep with clean hands ...

Aksu

Hullo,
Enjoyed the show, got a good hoard of goodies including BKC from Leon et al. Quite a good number of 18th century games were in evidence, which was nice. And I even had a gold ticket in my gift bag so got a free figure toting bacback for all the loot I got. So, good fun and don't tell the missus how much essential wargaming gear I bought.
And BTW in the photo the muppet in the left hand corner is me, the handsome young chap on the right is Leon.
Cheers,
Aksu