Salute, London - Sat 22nd April

Started by Leon, 03 January 2017, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's the big one!  With 6000 visitors and 170 traders, this is by far the biggest wargames event in the UK and certainly one to get to if you can! 

All of the info on the show can be found on the Warlords website: http://www.salute.co.uk/salute/salute-2017/ and we'll need your pre-orders sending through to us by Sat 15th please.  Don't leave it too late with this one, as we'll be run off our feet in the run up to the day.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

I will be flying back for this one  :)
and a beer festival the day before  :D

Cheers
Ian

skywalker

I'll be there providing I can get cheap train tickets  :D :D :D

Techno

Quote from: skywalker on 04 January 2017, 12:12:17 PM
cheap train tickets

No.. :-\....Sorry.... :-\.....You'll have to explain that concept.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Train. You remember? When you helped that nice Mr Stephenson with his "Rocket". If I recall, you were the one who surveyed for the first ever railway line: Stockton to Leeds. But of course, you turned left instead of right.

Then there was the time that you were working as the railway speed control operative in Russia, leading that train, warning all and sundry it was coming by waving that big red flag. That was about 1917 wasn't it?

Then you were the driver of the Flying Scotsman, made the trip from St Pancras to Launceston in no time flat. Surprised everybody who was expecting to go to Edinbugh.

As for "cheap train tickets", they're mythical, like dragonmen, centaurs and Aztecs.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: fsn on 04 January 2017, 12:57:55 PM

As for "cheap train tickets", they're mythical, like dragonmen, centaurs and Aztecs.

Thought that cheap train tickets existed like jam - yesterday and tomorrow !!

Phil has a problem with the concept of trains - they don't exist in his bit of Wales.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

There's 'a station' in the local village.....about a mile and a half away......

But I don't think it's been open since Dr Beeching made his cuts......Blimey  :o....that's over 50 years ago, isn't it ?

Think the nearest station to me now is just over 10 miles away.

Cheers - Phil

Orcs

Its in the middle of my nights so I will not be going this year to help out Steve Barber.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Sandinista

No passenger trains north of Auckland, or buses, or motorways... :'(

Dreaming of London's great transport network...

Cheers
Ian

Techno

Quote from: Sandinista on 05 January 2017, 07:02:15 AM

Rather you than me, Ian !  ;)

Cheers - Phil

skywalker

The East Coast Main Line (Virgin) sometimes have cheap tickets if you buy then about 12 weeks in advance. Last years Salute I managed to get tickets from Darlington to London Kings Cross and back for £16.50 each way.  :D :D :D :D

Ithoriel

A Senior Railcard and the option to upgrade to First Class for a couple of quid each way made my recent rail trip very affordable.

I find myself wondering if I could do Salute this year by getting a train at silly o'clock, arriving in London in time for the start of the show and leaving in the evening ... and then probably sleeping through the next day :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Cheers
Ian

Having been there its a small price to pay for the scenery and the views.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Luddite

Quote from: skywalker on 05 January 2017, 12:22:21 PM
The East Coast Main Line (Virgin) sometimes have cheap tickets if you buy then about 12 weeks in advance. Last years Salute I managed to get tickets from Darlington to London Kings Cross and back for £16.50 each way.  :D :D :D :D

Was that on the roof?
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

fred.

Cheers
Ian

As they say you don't appreciate something till it's not there. I have to say I have no dreams of London's transport system, but fortunately not too many nightmares about it these days   ;)
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts