Q of the Week: Computer Gaming?

Started by Leon, 12 October 2010, 11:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: GordonY on 13 October 2010, 06:00:27 PM
If you do decide to try the free 10 day trial Leon, you will get a lot more out of it on Dragonblight, my guild the Savage Crusaders has about 450 members, so that means you'd always have help/gold/goodies availble to you.

Gordon

Stop it.....   :(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

I get bored very quickly with pc games, I prefer the face to face experience of table top games. I think the hobby may suffer with attracting new people, but my local experience suggests more lapsed gamers returning to figure gaming in middle age.

Aart Brouwer

Quote from: Leon on 13 October 2010, 06:01:26 PM
Stop it.....   :(

Right you are. Otherwise you end up a grumpy, bleary-eyed, caffeine-addicted Pplschamp yourself, with the social grace of a spittoon and the sex life of an amoebe.  :-q

We :x you as you are, Leon.

Cheers,
Aart
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (1958-2013)

"No, I do not have Orcs, Riders of Rohan, Dark Elves, Skaven, Kroot Mercenaries Battle Tech, HeroClix, Gangs of Mega-City One or many-horned f****** genetic-mechanoid arse-faced pigmen from the Purple Pustule of Tharg T bloody M." (Harry Pearson, Achtung Schweinehund!)

nikharwood

I'm a bit like Sandinista here - my boredom threshold in 'puter games is quite low...although there's about 3 months of my life lost to Half-Life years ago which I'm not getting back...not to mention the countless hours lost to Counter-Strike back in the day...

Actually, I'm pretty glad I did all those - I think it got them out of my system to be honest; part of the reason I play very little now is that I think I've got quite enough obsession in my life at the moment with my tabletop pursuits thank you very much  :)

Leon

Quote from: Aart Brouwer on 13 October 2010, 08:43:07 PM
Right you are. Otherwise you end up a grumpy, bleary-eyed, caffeine-addicted Pplschamp yourself, with the social grace of a spittoon and the sex life of an amoebe.  :-q

We :x you as you are, Leon.

Cheers,
Aart

;D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

DanJ

I don't play any computer games, mostly they just don't interest me because

1) For me wargaming is as much about having a fun couple of hours with friends, I don't get this with computer games.

2) The on screen graphics are becoming pretty good they are still limited to a flat screen and lack the spectacle of a table.

3) It's all done for you, no history to read, no figures to buy, nothing to paint :o

There are a few guys in my office who play COD but have no interest in wargames, computer games and wargaming are basicaly two different hobbies which might have some cross over but have more differences than similarities.