3 (25%)
25mm round
8 (66.7%)
20mm round
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: 01 January 2017, 07:50:18 PM

Duke Speedy of Leighton

The next project bubbles under, a load of second hand Eldar jet bikes for epic.
Now, which looks best?
Cast your vote, express your opinion, this is not a serious poll, but aesthetics.
They are going to be removed from their bases and pinned instead to add a bit of action to the dynamic...
24 hours, let the row begin!

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

petercooman

Before i vote, on what is the rest of the army based?

d_Guy

Unless you are doing ordered ranks of multiple things, round to me always looks better. I voted the larger round since it gives you more area for "dressing up".
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Elliesdad

Have you thought about using a clear plastic/perspex base?
That would give the impression of flying.

Geoff

toxicpixie

Triangular/arrow shaped for maximum zooooom!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: petercooman on 31 December 2016, 08:04:10 PM
Before i vote, on what is the rest of the army based?
Rest of the army isn't!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

OldenBUA

Quote from: d_Guy on 31 December 2016, 08:12:48 PM
Unless you are doing ordered ranks of multiple things, round to me always looks better. I voted the larger round since it gives you more area for "dressing up".
Same here.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Ithoriel

I went with 40mmx20mm for the jetbikes and 20mm square for the Vipers - my infantry are on a mix of 40mm x 10mm and 20mm square depending on how long I've had them so these fitted in reasonably well base size wise.

I'd say go with what looks right to you. I don't like round bases for standard troops - too hard to rank up in their boxes!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

25mm round - it has to be best because its what I've used for lots of my Epic stuff!

I don't mind the 40x10-12mm for infantry, but for these they are a bit too small.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

NTM

Albie Bach

Aesthetically, 25mm round.
As for opinions:
If they represent clusters, not ranks, I'd prefer three in a loose arrow formation on a slightly bigger base, if you've got enough models and base size doesn't matter. If poss I try to use odd numbers for open order.
20mm round or square too cramped
40 x 10 looks like they would fall over very easily.
Sadly no longer with us - RIP (2018)

Roy

For me its Ithoriel's method.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leman

I've gone with 25mm round for the look of the thing. Happy New Year Will.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Norm

Large round - I have recently seen some bases that had tropical fish tank plants on the base, up to and in parts higher than the vehicles and they looked really good, like they were powering through vegetation.

Dazza

how about like this one I found :

That way you can have them at different heights and use some scenery under them to hide the pins.

just my 2p's worth (not that its worth much nowadays)
Dazza
Dazza's 10mm Miniature Armies : http://www.ukstrike.co.uk
" AWI, Colonial, WW2 & Vietnam"

AWI Photos : https://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,560.0.html

Never argue with an idiot; He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.