M551 Sheridan available!

Started by Leon, 31 December 2016, 06:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Here's our final release for 2016!  

The M551 Sheridan was developed in the late 60's and was first deployed in Vietnam, where 200 saw extensive action in the US armoured cavalry units.  Whilst mobility and reliability were better than the M48 Patton, the Sheridan suffered with a long reload process and could only fire two shells per minute compared to an impressive seventeen for the M48.  After Vietnam, the Sheridan was slowly phased out but was still used in the US invasion of Panama in 1989, and then again in Iraq where 51 Sheridans were among the first AFVs to be deployed.

Modern
Vehicles - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/Post-War-Modern-c20/Modern-Vehicles-sc303/
MDV39   M551 Sheridan     £3.20

MDV39 - M551 Sheridan

And that's us all done for this year!  There is a reason for this final, single release, which will become apparent in a few day's time...  But until then, we hope you've all had a good 2016 and we'll see you next year!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 31 December 2016, 06:01:14 PM
And that's us all done for this year!  There is a reason for this final, single release, which will become apparent in a few day's time...  But until then, we hope you've all had a good 2016 and we'll see you next year!

8)

Oooo, intriguing  :-\

;)
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

paulr

:-\ :-\ :-\

I wonder if this gets them to a "round" number of releases this year...
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

My all time favorite tank (although the T-35 is now a close second).

A Sheridan being disassembled at the AAF tank museum when I visited:

Sleep with clean hands ...

fsn

Hmmm! I too, am intrigued.

Nice little model.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nice one gents. Have a good new year!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Matt J

:-bd nice I'll be ordering some of these tomorrow
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

PB

Very nice and am also intrigued

Steeleye

I remember 'shooting' at these in W Germany back in about 1976. They were deployed by the US 101st Airborne who were playing 'Orange' Forces that year.

Steve J

Lovely model and am very inrigued, like my august forum colleagues.

old smokie

nice model. had a Matchbox Battle Kings one when I was a kid  :)

QuoteThere is a reason for this final, single release, which will become apparent in a few day's time...

intrigued also  :-  don't keep us in suspense too long we're wargamers and can't take it  :(

Matt J

Mine arrived today, class!  :-bd

@Leon I should have the gauls/imperial Romans finished this week I'll pop a painted pic of one these as well.

Beep

Leon

Quote from: Matt J on 13 January 2017, 07:05:27 PM
Mine arrived today, class!  :-bd

@Leon I should have the gauls/imperial Romans finished this week I'll pop a painted pic of one these as well.

Excellent, we've just put all the Indo-China codes into the post for you as well, along with an extra Sheridan (I'd forgotten you'd already ordered one!)

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Matt J

Beep