any word on organizing this forum. Hard to find stuff. search does not always wo

Started by vicmagpa1, 30 December 2016, 12:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vicmagpa1

any word on organizing this forum. Hard to find stuff. search does not always work.

thanks
Vic
ugly American retired

Ithoriel

Hi Vic, welcome to the forum!

The forum is populated by a knowledgeable, helpful, supportive, if often zany group of people. Be warned, threads are derailed on a regular basis. Indeed threads do not so much wander off into blind alleys so much as run away to join the circus. That said, if you haven't received a satisfactory answer when that happens a gentle nudge will normally get it back on track.

As to the forum search facility there are two things to be aware of.

One is that, if you can't find things here, mentioning what you're looking for in a forum post will often get you links to previous posts and/or links to internet/ printed sources of info.

Second is that there is work in hand to replace the current forum but (Pendraken being a small outfit like most wargames companies) the need to keep the existing plates spinning leaves less time than they'd like for new stuff like the new forum or BKC III which I see you are also interested in.

Hope that helps.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Hi, Vic,
To add a minor point on searches (and you may already be doing this) - try searching from the top level (Pendraken Miniatures Form) or make sure "ALL" is selected in advanced search. I have found several useful bits of info buried deep in the tree where I would never have looked otherwise.  As Ithorial said we do get off track (often) and sometimes post in a subheading that may not make the best sense.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fsn

What ho, Vic!

When you say "ugly American, retired", does that mean you have retired from being ugly, and are now a thing of beauty, or you have retired from being American, and now identify as Canadian?

Anyway, welcome from me too. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

WARNING WARNING Ignore anything Nobby (AKA FSN) says it's all utter rubbish  ;)

ianS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

He's right you know.

What I would say is that if you spin a topic into the melee, someone will pick it up and be useful.

There are lots of people out there who will be terribly helpful.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: vicmagpa1 on 30 December 2016, 12:06:38 AM
any word on organizing this forum. Hard to find stuff. search does not always work.

thanks
Vic
ugly American retired

First welcome Vic- and a Happy New Year to you and all Forum users!

My advice - if you have a query - is simply post it, and if its had a previous thread, someone will recover it, or even updqte  the info.

Cheers

James