Just how high are 10mm figures

Started by Gunfreak, 11 October 2010, 02:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunfreak

Ok, mabye a silly question "they are 10mm"

But like all scales I asume some 10mm makers are more 10mm then others.

There are very few 15mm that are actualy 15mm, AB are like 20mm on top of the head, and with bayonets points they are more like 30mm total, from toe of the sculpts to top of the sculpts.

Even 6mm, arre rearly 6mm, same with 28mm ect.

So How tall are 10mm Pendraken figures. I need to know as I don't have any 10mm figres yet, and I'm making rail fences. and they can't be to big

nikharwood

Based on what I happen to have on my painting desk in front of me: all measurements from bottom of boot to eye, and taken from the most upright figures I've got to-hand: [and measured with a ruler...not a micrometer!]

Viet Minh: 8.5mm
French Para: 9mm
Jacobite Pikeman: 9mm
SYW French artillery officer: 9mm
SYW British musketeer: 9.5mm
Goblin archer: 10mm
WW1 Brit rifleman: 9mm
WW1 German: 9mm

FierceKitty

I mix some Kallistra figures in my Pendrakens; they're far taller, but five minutes in a reasonably busy street will remind you that people are often of very different scales. The problem becomes more significant when I mix in Magister Militum, who are quite dwarfish by comparison. My Chinese really are a very mixed-looking bunch, but I think I'm going to be pleased with the result. They should look like rather a rabble.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Gunfreak

Quote from: nikharwood on 11 October 2010, 02:49:37 PM
Based on what I happen to have on my painting desk in front of me: all measurements from bottom of boot to eye, and taken from the most upright figures I've got to-hand: [and measured with a ruler...not a micrometer!]

Viet Minh: 8.5mm
French Para: 9mm
Jacobite Pikeman: 9mm
SYW French artillery officer: 9mm
SYW British musketeer: 9.5mm
Goblin archer: 10mm
WW1 Brit rifleman: 9mm
WW1 German: 9mm

Thansk like like they are close to true scale then, that means some of the quality paint jobs I've seen are even more impressive

Dave Fielder

How come the Goblin is the tallest? I thought they were supposed to be small.
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leon

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 11 October 2010, 05:59:15 PM
How come the Goblin is the tallest? I thought they were supposed to be small.

His mother was a Troll...

;)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Dave Fielder

... and his father was an elderberry ....
Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

Leon

Quote from: Dave Fielder on 11 October 2010, 08:37:58 PM
... and his father was an elderberry ....

...and we shall call him Terry... 

??? :-[
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GordonY

From memory wasnt the quote "Yer father was a hamster and yer mother smelled of Elderberries", my favourite taunt from that game which I played way too much.

Gordon

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

But the miltam stuff I have - eles and catapahts fit well with the Pemdraken Sassinads.

IanSD
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021