Rapid Fire! WWII Rules

Started by T13A, 22 December 2016, 08:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T13A

Hi

Does anybody use the 'Rapid Fire' WWII rules with 10mm figures?

I'd be grateful for any thoughts on what you think of them and whether you used the distances in the rules or changed them.

Many thanks

Paul
T13A Out!

toxicpixie

I've not played Rapid Fire! for ages, but one of the things that bugged me was the scale to figure count, just didn't feel right. I suspect a switch to 10mm and playing exactly as written would help :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

NTM

Not played for a long time and not in 10mm.
Did consider using 2 or 3 10mm per figure to improve the look but other than that no changes seemed necessary. A new version is in development and they've asked a lot of questions on their Facebook group one of which was about different scales.

toxicpixie

Actually yes, group basing would make it look pretty good!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Roy

I believe Skywalker and the rest of the Redcar Ironbeards club use the rules and use group basing.
As far as I know they're using 15mm FoW models/mini's exactly as described in those rules and have no problem translating basing methods to Rapid Fire.
Maybe Skywalker can offer more info on what they've found?
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}