Fred - 2017 Painting Diary

Started by fred., 22 December 2016, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred.

Thanks Will.

Squat Reinforcements

As these Thunderfire proxies and the rhinos have now been on the table several times in just an undercoat, its clearly time to get them painted

So got these pretty much done today. 6 thunderfires (vanguard miniatures) and 9 rhinos (+1 original)

Not sure about basing the guns, part of me thinks I should to tie them in with the rest of the army, but the main downside is that due to the cruciform legs, they will need huge bases.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

fred.

Ta!!

Not sure I went bright enough with the highlights. They looked very bright when they went on, but especially in the photo they don't show up too well.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

ErHo

They look really nice!  Brings back good times

I still have a ton of old Epic marines, they need to release a new base set or I need to sell them off
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

ErHo

"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

Quote from: fred. on 18 December 2017, 10:01:03 AM
Epic - Traitor Guard (red) vs Squats (green & grey)

Table looks really good

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

They look brill, Fred - highlight is just about right, to me!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: ErHo on 18 December 2017, 10:24:31 PM

You dont even know how incredible this link is!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure boss!

fred.

Thanks Chaps

ErHo - there is a huge amount Epic stuff available online now. The hardest bit is working out which version you want to go with - genrally this decision is mainly influenced by what version you played back in the day!