Fred - 2017 Painting Diary

Started by fred., 22 December 2016, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Duke Speedy of Leighton

2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Great fort, Forbes.

Cheers - Phil.

fred.

Thanks chaps.

FFL could be an option...
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

Played a game on Saturday night - Dark Elves vs Lizardmen

Lots of Pendraken figures on the table (although some of the DE are probably Kallistra)

Early game, the DE Hydra rushes forward - and my Lizardmen mages freeze it and zap it, and the skinks throw javelins. Resulting in a rather dead hydra.

Mid game
Turning into a classic turning battle - the DE infantry are charging uphill into a solid line of lizardmen and Kroxigors (think lizard ogres)

The DE spearmen where annihilated by the uphill lizardmen - so badly that virtually the whole brigade was killed.
Mean while in the middle the DE where being whittled down.

Ended up with 75%+ casualties for the DE, and less then 25% for the Lizardmen, I think 7-1 in VPs at the end.
Perhaps the DE where too far out their snowy comfort zone in the jungle  :D

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Techno

Very nice, indeed, Forbes !  8)

Cheers - Phil

Duke Speedy of Leighton

DFlynSqrl

That looks like a lot of fun!

fred.

Thanks chaps

Thought I'd managed a stealth post at first!

lowlylowlycook

Very cool armies, and battle.

Just missing the snowy twin peeks of Mt. Killahighelfjaro to make the dark elves fit in a bit.

fred.

Still not getting much painting done, thanks Real Life!!  >:(

But did manage to get a game in on Friday, which was good fun with 2 players a side. We reprised Dark Elves vs Lizardmen, this time time in the Desert to move both armies out of their natural habitat (and I wanted to get the Desert Fort on the table).

The scenario had both armies deployed on the left to the middle of the table, with a big open flank on the right.

Early on

Both sides have moved their main forces forward. They have attempted to throw mobile troops out to the right, but have generally failed command rolls for this...
In the middle the Lizardmen have attempted to charge the Elves on top of the hill - but needed a good success to get a double move in, but ended up short.
The Elves have managed to get quite a bit of shooting off so far causing a fair bit of damage to the LM, but nothing serious.

The right flank

Not a lot happening here...
The dark riders zipped forward and shot up some Skink skirmishers, and that was about it.

The Elves got flank charges into the stranded LM, killing them. But leaving themselves open to heavy counter attacks. Taking out the cold one knights and quite a few spearmen.
The Manticore attempted a long charge, didn't make it and was cut down by kroxigor and saurus warriors.
The Stegadon shambled into contact in the middle.

Out of picture on the left the DE Cold One knights have smashed the Salamanders

Mid Game

Its a bit empty in the middle now following the above carnage!

On the left the LM had redeployed their Cold Ones, who charged the static DE Cold One knights killing them, while the Kroxigor made short work of the Witch Elves, suddenly tipping the left flank back to the LM.

In the centre the Stegadon got into the archers - which was messy. The big DE brigade of infantry was struggling to move, and was finally charged by Kroxiogor and the Saurus, who caused many casualties.

Over on the right not much was still happening. The Spider riders charged through terrain into the Cold One knights, and rather surprisingly held them for a couple of turns.
The Dark Riders choose to charge the Terradon Riders - probably a tactically poor choice as they would have been better shooting them. The Terradons slowly whittled the dark riders down.

In the end another big win for the Lizardmen. Once the Lizardmen get into combat they seem pretty unstoppable. We aren't quite sure what the DE need to be doing - perhaps its just a match up that doesn't suit them.

Womble67

Looks good Fred

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

fred.