Hello from Nort Dakota

Started by SgtShepard, 21 December 2016, 03:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 23 December 2016, 06:37:50 PM
Apparently sheep's brains, were another 'delicacy' I would eat when I was very little.....

Ah! It all becomes clear!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 22 December 2016, 09:29:48 PM
Hello SgtShepard

Welcome to the forum, lots of great information available here and lots of off-topic rubbish as well. The trick is sifting one from the other.

As a welcome here is a paper model of the Green Dragon Tavern from here http://www.delta7studios.com/green%20dragon.htm

Direct pdf link is http://www.delta7studios.com/images/Green%20Dragon.pdf

It is at 1/120 scale but if you print it out at 80% it will come down to 1/150

A 1/300 sloop that served at Lake Champlain is here http://www.warartisan.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/000kit.20451007.zip

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

That's a sample of the help you get from Grumpy Old Man.  There will be more after you have been properly initiated .  :d

Ithoriel

Quote from: Techno on 23 December 2016, 06:37:50 PM
Depends what flavour they are, Mark !

I can remember eating 'sweetmeats' covered in breadcrumbs when I was very small...and thinking they were absolutely delicious.
It was decades later before I found out they were 'ram lambs' testicles.

Apparently sheep's brains, were another 'delicacy' I would eat when I was very little......Those I can't remember at all. (Thank goodness !)  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Actually sweetmeats/ sweetbreads are traditionally the thymus gland from the neck plus the pancreas - the idea they are sheep's testicles is apparently a myth. Prairie Oysters on the other hand ...  :-& :-& :-&
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Quote from: Ithoriel on 24 December 2016, 04:03:40 AM
Actually sweetmeats/ sweetbreads are traditionally the thymus gland from the neck plus the pancreas - the idea they are sheep's testicles is apparently a myth.

That doesn't sound quite so yukky, for some reason......And as far as eating sheep's brain......I fortunately have no memory of that, at all. :D
Thanks , Mike.

Cheers - Phil

SgtShepard

Thanks all for the warm welcome and the sidetracked humor.   ;) 

Thank You GrumpyOldMan for the links.  I'll make good use of those. 

Techno

Sarge.....

We'll go off on a tangent, at the drop of a hat.  ;)
But you will find some very helpful/useful stuff hidden within some of the nonsense that's written here.  :)

Cheers - Phil

urbancohort

Quote from: Ithoriel on 24 December 2016, 04:03:40 AM
Actually sweetmeats/ sweetbreads are traditionally the thymus gland from the neck plus the pancreas - the idea they are sheep's testicles is apparently a myth. Prairie Oysters on the other hand ...  :-& :-& :-&
Actually Ivhad Prairie Oysters deepbfried in batter with a choice of dips on a visit to Cody, Wyo. They were delicious.
One should try everything in life, except for incest and folk-dancing....