Flight of the Foxbat

Started by Sunray, 20 December 2016, 07:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello James/Sunray

While not in the bargain basement, the new Bristol Freighter from Ozmods would fit right in to the genre:-

Lots of other Cold War-ish goodness on the Ozmods page:-

http://www.ozmods-kits.com/aircraft-kits-1144

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Sunray

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 31 December 2016, 12:49:56 AM
Hello James/Sunray

While not in the bargain basement, the new Bristol Freighter from Ozmods would fit right in to the genre:-

Lots of other Cold War-ish goodness on the Ozmods page:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Thanks Vic

As you say, a real dedicated scale model as opposed to a bargain basement prop to provide a story line or scenic backdrop to a wargame.

Ozmodels are at the high end of 1/144 .   I try to keep airpower to a minimum and use BKC or CWC rules where they make an appearance on the table and Buzz off.       

£30 odd pounds will go a long way to getting my Pendraken  Post War battle groups on the table.   I want KPA,  South Korean ,  1950 winter Brits and ...Royal Marines painted up and based by the end of 2017. 

Having said that,  après the Fight of the Foxbat, I have a 2ft x 4ft airfield,  big hanger, ramp and two control towers, plus a few huts and barrack type buildings. ......that's a good scenario for a few games.  :-

HAPPY NEW YEAR! and thanks for all the tips !

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 28 December 2016, 08:42:04 PM

The figure (Valentine Zukovski as he is built like Robbie Coltrane) in pilot's gear started life as a Pendraken naval gunner (BR130).  The head came from an Airfix figure which I sanded down to close to 1/150 (still looks a bit like a Dixon)

Beside him, now in a white coat is a Minifigs ground crew figure converted to a boffin Dr Semelovski

And making up the party is "Harry Palmer" my budget version secret agent while awaiting  a proper CIA man in a trenchcoat  and is again a Minifigs conversion.

I posted this for Zbigniew who wanted to see 1/144 aircraft in proximity to 10mm figures -hope it is useful
The £2.80 Revell MiG25 is awaiting transfers and fine paint detail.

In the background is a very crisp Trabant from Rallyman 1/144 being kitted out as an Eastern European police car.

Now these are crude and basic conversions, but they allowed a family participation role play game, and shows what can be done in 10mm.  It was a lot of fun and allowed me to share my hobby with nearest and dearest.  They get it !