Boer War packs photo request

Started by Kaspar, 19 December 2016, 10:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

It was the badge/headband and angle of photo that made it look like a little Chinese pointed hat with upturned brim.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ace of Spades

20 October 2017, 11:53:31 PM #31 Last Edit: 20 October 2017, 11:57:19 PM by Ace of Spades
Sorry, wrong reply... see next comment.
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Dangerdaz on 19 October 2017, 10:49:25 PM
Lovely stuff ace!
What size bases did you use for the inf, cav and artillery please

Hi there Daz, thanks for the compliments!

I base my infantry standard on 2cm x 2cm bases for 'formed Foot' and 3cm x 3cm for 'skirmishing Foot' like the Rifle Brigade and such; all 4 figures each. Artillery (including Pom-poms) is standard based on 3xm x 3cm bases with an exception for the heavy Naval Artillery; I kept the 3cm frontage but deepened the base because of the size of the gun. Cavalry 'mounted' is three figures on a 3cm x 3cm base and for mounted Infantry I put two figures on a 2cm x 2cm base. Dismounted they all go 2cm x 2cm bases but with 2 figures only to show they're skirmishing. Fot staff officers, heliograh teams, horse holders, messengers etc. I use hexagonal bases. Sizes don't matter there; it's just to show they're no ordinary troops...
Figures were based to play 'Battles for Empire' by Chris Leach.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Rob

Ace of Spades

Quote from: Leman on 20 October 2017, 05:50:52 PM
It was the badge/headband and angle of photo that made it look like a little Chinese pointed hat with upturned brim.
Indeed the slouch hat with upturned brim. I çonverted' some with some green stuff plumes attached to the hat to create the South African Light Horse. Lovely figures this whole range!

Cheers,
Rob

Jesus

2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

Leman

Judging by the brill Camel Corps I think Jesus is really getting into British colonials.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ace of Spades

I'll forgive him for doing the Sudan... he'll come round... sooner or later! ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Kaspar

Please post more pictures Ace of Spades - do you have any of the Boers.

Ace of Spades

Hi Kaspar,

I only have the '3 Boers in trench' BW40; my friend has the other Boer stuff but we don't have many pictures of these I fear. I will take a picture of the ones in the trench though.
The officers in the earlier pictures are the 'field officers' (BW19)  with sabres; and the 'general' (BW20) is the one with the binoculars; Heliograph teams (BW25) speak for themselves. The figure riding in the rear with slouch hat is from the 'Mounted Yeomanry' set BW18.
I'll try to take some more pictures a.s.a.p.!

Cheers,
Rob