Boer War packs photo request

Started by Kaspar, 19 December 2016, 10:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

An infantry pack contains 30 figures with about 3 command figures, officers and the like, the remaining figures are a reasonably even mix of the various poses. A cavalry pack is 15 mounted figures with 2-3 command figures. Artillery is 3 guns with about 4 crew per gun.

These pictures give you an indication of the various poses in some of the packs
Quote from: petercooman on 20 December 2016, 07:46:42 PM
http://wardepot.blogspot.be/2013/07/10mm-boers-order-arrived.html

If you have any specific questions about particular packs I'm sure someone can answer them.

Also if you ask the nice Mr Leon politely they will tailor packs to your requirements, for example I got some Afghan tribesmen and asked for rifle armed only
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ace of Spades

gentlemen,

My apologies for overlooking this interesting thread for so long! Apparently I could have been of help since the army so often mentioned and praised (thanks!) is mine.
If I can still be of help just let me know!

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Kaspar

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 28 July 2017, 06:38:08 AM
gentlemen,

My apologies for overlooking this interesting thread for so long! Apparently I could have been of help since the army so often mentioned and praised (thanks!) is mine.
If I can still be of help just let me know!

Cheers,
Rob
Please do

Leman

My interest has been piqued with the appearance of a number of BBB scenarios, in a similar way to the RJW. Also, both wars are catered for in Square Bashing, which provides a good three hour session with some focus from the pre-game activity.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ace of Spades

I believe I have most of the British packs but not many of the Boers (friend of mine did these) but I'll see what I can post here!

Ace of Spades

Can't seem to find the old photographs Kaspar but I'm willing to make some new ones.
Anything packs/numbers in particular you'd like to see?

Cheers,
Rob

Ace of Spades

Photobucket has been messing things up quite a bit! Apparently I have to pay them from now on to be able to post pictures on sites like this forum. I find that somewhat ridiculous...
Does anybody know about other options for posting pictures here?

Cheers,
Rob

Leon

Quote from: Ace of Spades on 30 August 2017, 03:45:20 PM
Photobucket has been messing things up quite a bit! Apparently I have to pay them from now on to be able to post pictures on sites like this forum. I find that somewhat ridiculous...
Does anybody know about other options for posting pictures here?

Yeah, we've lost a ton of ours as well, loads of Forum stuff that we'd hosted on there.  I'm not paying them £300 or whatever it is to link some pictures...

Other options would be another hosting site like Flickr or Imgur, a blog if you've got one or a Facebook page?
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

fred.

Google Photos is another option, lots of storage space for free. Links directly with blogspot blogs, also has an app for easy uploading from phones.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Ace of Spades

Thanks chaps!
I have a Facebook page so maybe that's the easiest way to go then. Will give it a try and see what happens.
Maybe it's possible to replace the lost Photobucket pics when I put the same ones on FB?

Cheers,
Rob

Ace of Spades

Let's see if this works with a picture from my Facebook page... some British staff and Heliograph teams. The mounted officers are from different sets; I'll look 'em up as soon as I'm sure this works...

Cheers,
Rob

Dangerdaz

Lovely stuff ace!
What size bases did you use for the inf, cav and artillery please

Glorfindel

Superb stuff.   They show just how good 10mm figures can be.

Phil

Leman

What on earth is the mounted figure at the back wearing on his head?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

mollinary

Quote from: Leman on 20 October 2017, 01:25:33 PM
What on earth is the mounted figure at the back wearing on his head?

Slouch hat with brim turned up on the left side?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!