Any Sign of New Middle East Imperials Coming out?

Started by noel zaal, 22 November 2016, 12:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noel zaal

Hallo Everyone,

With Christmas not far away, I was wondering, has there been any progress on the planned new British Imperial infantry and artillery crews that would make the British WW 1 Middle East range much more attractive (and have many other uses)?  I know that this instruction was sent to a sculptor quite some time ago, but don't know where those are in the production pipeline?
With best wishes to all,
Regards, Noel

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

We've received most of them from the sculptor and they've been previewed here:

- http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,14682.0.html
- http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,14518.0.html
- http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,15005.0.html

The last batch should arrive with us this week and then we can get the whole lot into the master mould queue.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

I first met Noel in 1987. He was already a colonials nut.

noel zaal

Dear Leon,

Thanks very much for the exciting news on the new releases.  The Middle East and East Africa and other fringe areas of WW1 are great for gaming in 10mm and will become much more interesting with these releases giving more pose variety. With the Imperials, it looks from the greens that the Wolseley sunhelmets on the new figures have that distinctive  wide brim look quite nicely.
Do please sell the artillery in separate packs since they offer a lot of conversion possibilities with those nice poses. It should also be noted that the Imperials with broad sunhemet may possibly be useable as French and Italian WW 2 in tropical helmet - the headgear was very similar. So these 2 packs may be good sellers for Pendraken.
I shall be ordering as soon as these come through - maybe even in time for a selfish Xmas present which will also celebrate my 31 Dec retirement and shift to full time wargamer!! 

Re the Colonials, I plead guilty indeed to a partiality for the far frontiers in my gaming interests. After all, I am a member of the Durban Historygamers Club and live out here in ex colonial Natal! Alexander Haywhitton, is that you revealing my foibles to the world??  If so, greetings with warm regards and fond memories of games with you about 3 decades ago!

Best festive season wishes to everyone!

fsn

Aw Noel, you sound like a lovely chap, and aptly named for the festive season.

I have to agree that WWI in the sun is much more interesting the WWI in the trenches.

Always though the SE Africa campaign was quite rivetting and exotic.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

We did the whole Madhist shebang as a campaign recently (almost the whole - no Italians). It left one of our regular players convinced that the answer to every military emergency was to form square.

noel zaal

Dear Kitty
You probably know the one where the Italian askari were formed into square when attacked by Rolls Royce armoured cars in WW 2! FSN indeed, East Africa WW 1 a great period to play in 10mm. Maybe next year we can ask for more of the exotic types, eg Rhodesian police in tall fez and barefoot, Nigerians in green bonnet, and Belgian askari in baggy blue uniform! Best Xmas wishes to all.

FierceKitty

Hadn't heard of that, but I'll mention it to Viljar.