1920s/30s Gangsters

Started by AndyT, 09 October 2010, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronan

Hurrah

25 April 2011, 10:29:37 AM #31 Last Edit: 25 April 2011, 10:31:48 AM by Hurrah
Certainly gets my vote.

1920's fuzz from both sides of the Atlantic, hoodlums and thugs of various flavours and generic civilian types would all be of use to me. Be it prohibition wars, the Hooverville clear outs, defence of the Shanghai concession, resistance and insurgents of various kinds, VBCW or against the minions of Cthuluh or some other alien incursion.

hamsterking

Ideal inspiration can be found in Dashiell Hammet's novel "Red Harvest" and his short story "The Big Knockover". Both contain Gangster type mass gunfire action scenes.
And both incidentally are great reads.

"Red Harvest" contains the following great lines of dialogue:
“Who shot him? I asked.
The grey man scratched the back of his neck and said: Somebody with a gun.”

Leon

Lots of interest in this one, only problem being as Clib says, not a lot of sales per figure sculpted.  Still, one to consider if we could get some kind of pack together for it.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

26 April 2011, 11:15:35 PM #34 Last Edit: 26 April 2011, 11:17:32 PM by nikharwood
I think some smart consideration to how you might market these would be the seller: there are plenty of other nations who would wear trilby hats, suits / long coats, and tote tommy guns / rifles / pistols etc - these really would be suitable for gangsters, pulp, AVBCW, resistance, Cthulhu etc

It might be that the only sensible way of selling these though is in a pack of figures that is varied: would this be feasible in relation to a mould etc at the planning stage? Design them to sell as a variety pack...15 different figures?

I also think that there might well be existing figures that could be converted for this range - rather than starting from scratch...plenty of figures with the right weapons & a different hat sculpted & a greatcoat added...job done! Simples. Etc.  ;) ???

Leon

Quote from: nikharwood on 26 April 2011, 11:15:35 PM
It might be that the only sensible way of selling these though is in a pack of figures that is varied: would this be feasible in relation to a mould etc at the planning stage? Design them to sell as a variety pack...15 different figures?

There would need to be some kind of add-on sale from elsewhere I think.  Just 15 individual figures on their own would require a few hundred packs to be sold before we broke even!   :D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Blaker

Could be a Dungeon Expansion Pack    :D  - you know the hidden treasure of a famous Gangster in well guard/patrolled underground hideout (dungeon)  Six already suggested a stat for machine/tommy gun.