1920s/30s Gangsters

Started by AndyT, 09 October 2010, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikharwood

...not forgetting the nightclub owner, band, waiters, dancers etc etc...

8)

Sandinista

I agree with Luddite, the terrain is the key here. On a small table you could have several blocks with a warren of alley ways without having to spend a fortune on buildings, with the added bonus of it all storing away in a small space.

Great idea, count me in  :)

clibinarium

It would all be pretty cool, but the killer is the small amount of figures necessary. Given that a lot of casts have to be sold of each sculpt, skirmish gaming isn't as good for the manufacturer as it is for the customer. Perhaps it  might work if there were resin buildings (making it analogous to the dungeon parts of the dungeon rnage)

I can see increasing numbers of people doing small scale games in 10mm, given the current economic climate though.

capthugeca

Quote from: Luddite on 10 October 2010, 10:55:39 AM
Love 'pulp' and a full 10mm range would be great.  In 28mm (i have a few for the pulp-style lovliness), the problem isn't the figures its the terrain.  Much easier to do in 10mm.

I second that. I've got quite a few 28mm pulp figures but haven't the space or money for 28mm terrain as well.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Maenoferren

one of my blocks from our skirmish games set in the 30's done in 28mm, we had a couple of blocks of the buildings + roads, parks, shops and subway stairs, and of course the newspaper stand that gor driven through every single game, bar one... in that one it got blown up by a bazooka, which was attached to a car  :D

The cars can have turrets added too, couldnt find a picture :(
some of the other buildings
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc31/Maenoferren/100_3197.jpg
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

GordonY

Is that World Works building Maen????

I find myself in need of buildings like that after having picked up a couple of painted street gangs yesterday at less than the price of bare lead.

Some not very great piccies of them here http://www.kirriemuirwargames.co.uk/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=658#p1 , not a bad deal at £15.  :D :D

Gordon

Sunray

Neat idea Andy !

Gets my vote.  An armed civilian range perhaps? Many of the gangster/law enforcement types could be painted up as Resistance or Gestapo agents.  Loads of potential. In another thread, I relate to converting 1/148 N gauge civvie figures to secret service types.

Sunray out

Maenoferren

Hi Gorodon, yes they are the World works Mayhem range, I have a whole host of them, some with ineriors and some like the ones here which are basic scenery to hide behind or on :)
Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

GordonY

Right I'm off to get some of those buildings, plenty ink in the printer.  ;)

Gordon

ziparoo

I'd definitely be interested in this type of range.

I've got a shed load of individually based characters and monsters that I use for Labyrinth Lord. Its a lot easier to run battles and explore a dungeon on a sheet of graph paper with 10mm than 'battlemats' and 25/28mm IMHO. Could easily see myself doing the same for Pulp adventures.

Perhaps we can expand this request to include Pulp as well? Guys with aviator goggles and lugers, heroines, etc - that type of thing.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Its not as bad as a guy who is converting Baccus 6mm stuff to do western gunfights......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

nikharwood

[bump]  :)

Just nudging this one - since my posts on this [& I still would love to do full Gangster games] I've become addicted to Strange Aeons & this type of range would be spectacular  :D

Anyone else want to vote for this one - I'd love to see these in the Top 10  :)

republic of tolworth

Well I'm still very keen on the idea. I think if some are made generic 20-30s types they can be fitted into lots of ranges.
This means increased sales if they are bought for ww2, gangsters, Irish civivl war, SCW, VBCW, PULP, WW1 in fact it's one hell of a list that these figs would fit in with.

VOTE NOW.

First passed the post or AV, either way :D
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

Blaker

Yes, yes, I vote on this range.  Yes the Gangsters could be used in various periods and scenarios - even a Dungeon Crawl - hint hint maybe an expansion   :D

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Count me in too, Useful for IWI, SCW, VBCW, etc.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan