Beer and whisky

Started by Gunfreak, 01 October 2010, 09:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunfreak

After wargaming my second passion is whisky, and now I'm trying to learn to like beer, sorry for the spelling, but as I was writing it I drank more and more. not a lot, I'm just realy a feather weight so 3 small glasses of whisky and a liter of beer gets me going down.

http://whiskynoob.blogspot.com/2010/10/beer-beer-and-more-beer.html

I'm guessing most people on the forum is old enough to drink, after all the avrage age of a wargamer is like 77

Sandinista

I'm spoilt as my wargames club meets twice a week in the best real ale pub in Kingston upon Thames  :D

republic of tolworth

Which is why so little gameing gets done ;D :P
League of the dayglow Aztec Empire.

FierceKitty

Nya, nya. I used to wargame n the Czech Republic, where few people ever taste water.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fred.

I don't think you'll get a hotel room in London for £25 per night - try £90.

Glad you are trying proper beer. A couple of my current favourites are Coniston Blue Bird, and Waggle Dance (which has a hint of honey), and Lonesome Pine by the Ulverston brewing company. Good luck in trying to get any of these in Norway  :-\

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

capthugeca

Quote from: Sandinista on 01 October 2010, 10:11:11 PM
I'm spoilt as my wargames club meets twice a week in the best real ale pub in Kingston upon Thames  :D

That sounds like heaven!

Personally my favourite is Westerham's "Freedom Ale"........very nice.
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

lentulus

Gaming at a pub was one of the joys of working in London.  Again sometime, I hope.

At home, I am more inclined to a glass of rum, straight up.  I am diabetic, so I don't drink very often.  As far as scotch goes, I like Bruichladdich - it does not hit you over the head with a "scotchy" flavor.

Gunfreak

If you don't like the scotch scotch, I recomend Bladnoch has a distinct Brandy nose and taste, but if you are diabetic the sweeter stuff might not be good for you.

GordonY

I'm diabetic too, and vodka and Pepsi Max is my tipple, goes down a treat  :D

Gordon