MASH 4077 Korean diorama

Started by Sunray, 12 December 2016, 07:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I mentioned the new Korean range to my children, and my adult daughter (who occasionally buys me 10mm kit) asked me if I would do a model of that old family favourite the 4077.

Tentage is available via Wargames vault, plans of the campsite are on line, and some figures are available.

I have a Marine in soft cap for Colonel Sherman Potter, civilian  Si Fi woman for Hotlips, and even Hawkeye and Radar

Now - what casualty figure could best be adapted for wounded on a stretcher ?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

18th Century posh lady in her posh dress as Klinger?
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Sunray

Quote from: mad lemmey on 12 December 2016, 07:19:22 PM
18th Century posh lady in her posh dress as Klinger?

;D

Exactly the spirit ! We will drag out the best of the Pendraken range.....

paulr

Quote from: Sunray on 12 December 2016, 07:15:32 PM
Now - what casualty figure could best be adapted for wounded on a stretcher ?

WW4 Casualty on stretcher with medic (5) in the WWI Accessories would probably be a good start ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Quote from: Sunray on 12 December 2016, 07:23:33 PM
;D

Exactly the spirit ! We will drag out the best of the Pendraken range.....
Still not enough to get you a section 8 corporal!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Kiwidave

SV33 (Wounded with female first aiders) form WW2 Russian range might be useful as well; no pic on the site, but here's my figures:

On the left hand side.

KD

petercooman

ISn't there a stretcher in the new acw range?

petercooman

Sunray

Thanks to all.  The diorama is doable.

I might even invent a wee scenario around the 4077 to get it unto a table.   Am tempted to add a railway siding.  God ....I am turning into Carlos ! 

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Sunray

Haven't been able to find any 1/144 Sioux medevac helicopters for you. Did find some in /285 at Shapeways that could be scaled up

http://www.shapeways.com/product/8CHVSMSY4/bell-oh-13g-sioux-medevac-6mm-1-285?

Or you could scratchbuild, as long as we can have a video of you building the tail frame in 1/150 ,  ;D ;D

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Terry37

Although not for the Korean War, but for my Hollywood US Weird WW2 army using the HotT rules I made this Stronghold in 6 MM. Went that scale because I am limited by the size of base I can use - and for me 60 x 80 MM works the best and stays within the limits allowed by the rules.

The Dodge ambulance was created from a WW2 model truck and a WWI model ambulance and a lot of fidgeting with tiny parts and decals!!

This is the scene I used as the model to create the Stronghold. It is the scene where Major Carter tells Captain America that they are the wounded from the 107th and he goes off to rescue the prisoners.

Just sharing it as one version, although it's WWII and the official MASH concept wasn't in use yet.

Terry

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

O Dinas Powys

Could you make use of BR180 - Dismounted tank crews, drinking tea - in some capacity?

Of-duty orderlies, or - with a spot of alteration and an appropriate paint-job -  perhaps Hawkeye and Trapper John enjoying a tin mug of moonshine!  <:-P

(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Sunray

Wrong headdress for Yanks.  The beret did not feature with US troops until Special Forces (Green Beret) and I recall US tankers in NATO having a black beret in the 1970s. 

Its a nice diorama ! :-bd

And thanks Vic.  I sourced a 1/150 Bell on ebay from  the old Micro Machines plastics (they were not all cars). 

Terry37

I've not done any 10 MM figure yet so not sure how difficult it might be - but could you do a head swap  the British tank crew, or file the beret in hair having them hatless?

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Sunray

Tricky enough !  I just did one this afternoon.  With Techno (Phil Lewis ) giving me live advice .(Thanks Phil, both subject and sculptor are doing well- the super glue came off) The trick is get the bluetack off before it bonds with the glue!

But to give you a "heads up", there will be a shed full of American type figures in 4O77 slack order  in the new Korea range.  The South Korean figures will have loads of Rear Echelon uses.

Rumour Control can confirm that first KPA advance guard will be on the forum .....very soon  :o

Stand by your Paypal accounts.