To Base or not to Base, that is the question.

Started by T13A, 12 December 2016, 06:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Nope Will, either "Where women glow and men plunder" or "Where beer does flow and men chunder"

"You better run, you better take cover." :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nick the Lemming

When I used to DJ at a club, I had a girl who kept coming up and asking me to play "Attila the Monster." I kept telling her I didn't have it, and had never heard of it, and she swore blind that I'd played it just a few weeks before. She even wrote own the title on a flyer so I'd remember to look through my collection and bring the record the next week. This went on for about 2 months, with me repeating that I had no idea what she was talking about, until one week she was bouncing around the dancefloor with a huge smile on her face, then came up and gave me a kiss afterwards.

I'd just played Stiff Little Fingers, "Alternative Ulster.'

paulr

Quote from: Nick the Lemming on 16 December 2016, 08:27:33 PM
When I used to DJ at a club, I had a girl ... she was bouncing around ... with a huge smile on her face, ... gave me a kiss afterwards.

:-/ :-/ :-/
Are you sure your on the right forum ;) ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Green cheese and great pickled sausages  - so far over my head I can't even read the wing numbers.
And what's with all the little yellow balls? They look different - yet the same - yet different...
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

If you have to explain it, it wasn't a good joke :(

:-/ = confused

Those phrases, DJ ... , are not commonly uttered by a stereotypical wargamer ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Orcs

We  tend to agree generic base sizes at club. For 20th century all infantry are on 30mm x 30mm bases and all vehicles on 30mm frontage.  they are based to stop them bumping into each other, although I don't like it when the vehicles are on the road. Its the lesser of two evils.

Clear aceytatte bases would be good, but you have to be careful with the glue or you get a white patch on the base

For larger scales I do not base vehicles
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

DanJ

I always base vehicle models as I recon the base represents the effective area the vehicle or vehicles occupy in the field and it makes measuring much easier, just measure from nearest point of the shooting base to nearest point on the target base