American Civil War. 10mm. Pendraken Miniatures. Stating The Bleeding Obvious!

Started by Roy, 11 December 2016, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry37

Look really great!

I am working on my first 4 elements of Pendraken ACW figures, and am amazed at the detail in such a small figure. I am doing the SC Zouaves, Louisiana Rifles for the south, and the 22nd New York Militia and Berdan Sharpshooters for the north.

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Roy

Thanks everyone

Terry37 - Very nice. Lots of greys and browns for me, so far, but maybe one day I'll progress to the bright colour in cloth units  8)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leman

When I was a young lad, moons and moons ago, most of my Confederates had light blue trousers. Since those long lost Airfix days I have learnt many things about Confederate uniforms, namely - light blue trousers became very unpopular as the war progressed owing to friendly fire incidents; when union trousers were acquired they tended to be dyed as soon as possible; butternut was an early war make do with grey becoming more usual as the war progressed; in the second half of the war many eastern theatre troops acquired dark bluegrey uniforms made in Ireland; western troops were more likely to have branch colour collars and cuffs than eastern troops; the various shades of home produced grey dye tended to oxidise relatively quickly so that some uniforms took on a greyish brown drab appearance. I would highly recommend Fred Adolphus' three articles on Confederate clothing in ACW Gamer, issues 6,7 and 8.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!