American Civil War. 10mm. Pendraken Miniatures. Stating The Bleeding Obvious!

Started by Roy, 11 December 2016, 03:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

I found the same with the SYW. For me BP didn't work too well for that period whereas it was a great success with the ACW.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Thanks for the tips. One of the other chaps in the group has ordered Pickett's Charge, and I'm familiar with GdB and Kriegskunst so unless the ACW rules are very different I should understand them well enough.

Bodvoc has Black Powder and Glory Hallelujah, so I'm sure they'll be given a try at some point.

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Roy

I've made this diagram chart -thingy, to help me plan what I need to paint and in what numbers. It should be understandable to other viewers?

So far I've painted x1 Infantry Regiment, the Commanding Officer on horseback, and am working on the dismounted Mounted Infantry at the moment. [just realised that the Mounted Infantry Regiment is stating the incorrect number of men - it should be two companies strength, whatever that number likely was in a Volunteer unit?]

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...

DFlynSqrl

Leman

Had a look at that blog and my first thought was that a Pickett's Charge game leads to a very messy table.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Progress as of 16th December - two weeks into the project, the 'will it survive past the initial boost of enthusiasm' period.

Productivity has been less this week, mainly due to a need to watch dvds before the terms of sale period elapses (Star Trek Enterprise for those interested) and a flare up of my stupid Irritable Bowel Syndrome - a great start to my birthday that was, sleeping on a sofa within rushing distance of the downstairs bog (actually it wasn't what you'll be thinking, thankfully). Still, any painting finished is a step nearer to completion, so its all good.

Even realised that photographing 10mm from a distance makes the paint job look better than when photographing up close ... Or is that just me?

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I agree, take photo at range, then zoom in!
Great work, hope your feeling better.
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Womble67

The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

Right. I'll get back to working on my 10mm ACW now. A fortnight painting other stuff, but now I want the artillery battery, the mounted infantry, a supply wagon thingy, and the second infantry unit painted before month's end.

There I've said it. Made myself a deadline. Who wants to bet I end up painting something entirely different?!  :'(

Roy

Thank you.

Some progress made. I took out of the bags the artillery battery / limber models & figures, also the supply wagon bits. And then didn't do anything else  ;D