the dreaded prepaid visa giftcard season

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 10 December 2016, 11:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Everyone

Now is the winter/summer of our discontent!!

With the inabity of Paypal to handle payments from multiple cards, do other people also find themselves with multiple gift cards that can't be used to feed our Pendraken addiction?

I had a dim memory that this had been discussed before and the notion of Pendraken gift cards was raised. Is this just wishful thinking on my part or did we come up with a workaround?

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Last Hussar

I'd love some form of Pendraken gift card - be so much easier that trying to explain codes.

Wouldn't stop my father in law from buying a sodding 'one4all' card though.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

paulr

In our family we use 'universal gift vouchers', more commonly referred to as the NZ currency ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Don,t know how 'universal' that is. Here in Runcorn they look perturbed if you offer the Scottish notes. NZ would probably not be acceptable. I know the chippie definitely wouldn't accept. Nearly threw me out when I tried to pay for me haddock and chips with a Clydesdale fiver.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Last Hussar

Apparently 'cash' isn't a proper gift...

A cheque is fine for some reason.  We have something called the 'Baker Cheque'  come a Birthday Wife will give her brother a cheque.  He will give the same amount to another family member until it comes back full circle on my wife's birthday.
I have neither the time or the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

We've done a few 'handmade' vouchers, so basic ones done by me and sent through as pdf's, but it's not an ideal or easy system.  The new website should fix all that though, with readymade vouchers available to purchase and then redeem at a later date.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: Leon on 11 December 2016, 11:00:44 PM
We've done a few 'handmade' vouchers, so basic ones done by me and sent through as pdf's, but it's not an ideal or easy system.  The new website should fix all that though, with readymade vouchers available to purchase and then redeem at a later date.

Well that's great news. Will you be able to redeem multiple vouchers in the one transaction - say, for example, I have 3 x 10 quid cards and I buy 3 vouchers, can I use them to buy one 25-30 quid purchase?

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 12 December 2016, 10:15:11 AM
Well that's great news. Will you be able to redeem multiple vouchers in the one transaction - say, for example, I have 3 x 10 quid cards and I buy 3 vouchers, can I use them to buy one 25-30 quid purchase?

I'm not sure what you mean by '10 quid cards'?  I'll have to check with the webguy about whether people can redeem multiple vouchers in a single transaction.  I'm sure it's doable but it might not be something that would have been done automatically, so it might need some extra coding adding in.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Leon

What I meant, in my kludgy way, was - In the spirit of the season I am given 3 x 10 quid prepaid visa gift cards, by three separate people.

Can I then, using them in paypal, purchase three separate Pendraken vouchers and then use these three separate Pendraken vouchers in one Pendraken purchase thereby circumventing the paypal 'feature'  to only be able to use one card per purchase?

Hopefully I've made a better job of explaining it this time :).

Also with the Pendraken voucher system, with a purchase larger than the voucher, would you be able to mix a voucher amount with a normal paypal transaction for the balance?

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

Ah right, gotcha!  The pre-paid bit should be fine, we'd just need to make sure that all 3 could be used on a single purchase so that's something I'll have a chat with the webguy about. 

Once the voucher value had been deducted from the order, any remainder would then be payable using the usual PayPal/card options.