Blitzkrieg Commander

Started by Wepre Ranger, 07 December 2016, 10:57:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wepre Ranger

When will the reprint/revision version of Blitzkrieg Commander be available?

Techno

First of all, a warm welcome to the forum, WR.

I'm sure Leon popped something down about the 'new version's' revised release date, relatively recently.
I'm sure he'll be here to give you an answer very soon.

Cheers - Phil.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Ithoriel

Hi Wepre Ranger and welcome to the forum from me too.

Leon posted about this back in August - not sure if there's been an update since - to say that work was continuing on the rules but that press of other things was having an impact. Basically it's held up by the "plate spinning" required by any small business with many essential tasks to complete and not so many hands to complete them.

Thread here: - http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,14674.0.html
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

Quote from: Wepre Ranger on 07 December 2016, 10:57:39 AM
When will the reprint/revision version of Blitzkrieg Commander be available?

Seconded!  8)

I've been waiting very patiently since mid-2015 for them, and there is no way I am playing Flames of War and would rather not have to start learning Rapid Fire.

I'm also hoping that everyone at my group will collect in 10mil and forget about those big 15mil things they're currently playing with!

Welcome to the forum Wepre Ranger  :-h
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leon

Welcome to the Forum, this was the latest update from the BKC section: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,12846.msg217447.html#msg217447

Sadly, it's not great news.  The last 2 months have been a blur of shows, illnesses, weddings, birthdays and honeymoons, so very little progress has been made.  The next 5 weeks see us away at 3 shows, including our own Battleground event which means extra time in organisation, then we'll be hitting the Christmas orders.

On top of that, with all the website issues recently, we've had to pay for a new site to be built, which should be online in the next month or so hopefully.  That means a lot of back and forth with the new web designer getting it how we want it, then a whole load of time getting the products and images onto it.

So, the bad news is that BKC won't be happening this year.  There's simply so much extra work required elsewhere at the moment that I wouldn't be able to get it finished off without sacrificing food and/or sleep and giving myself some kind of breakdown.  I know that people are waiting and waiting and waiting, and I'm sorry for the delays, but things just aren't working in our favour these past few months. 

Once we hit Xmas, with the shows finished for the year and a sparkly new website online, I'll have the breathing space to sit and spend a couple of weeks doing nothing but BKC and then we'll have a finalised draft to go out for feedback.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

paulr

Welcome Wepre Ranger :-h

Note that in the December newsletter Leon wrote
QuoteNew Website Update!

Work on the new website continues apace but we won't be launching it before Christmas.  With all the orders and releases, we didn't think it would be the best idea to throw a brand new website into the mix as well.  We'll get it all completed over the Christmas period, including the relevant testing, ready for a launch at the start of 2017.

So I suspect that "couple of weeks doing nothing but BKC" will be delayed a little into the new year ;)

As Ithoriel said there is lots to do at Pendraken towers and not many hands to do it
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

Quote from: Leon on 07 December 2016, 04:30:33 PM
Sadly, it's not great news.

Sod it then. I'm off to play PBI  ;D

Only joking. I'll continue to wait patiently  :)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}