d_guy,S

Started by d_Guy, 06 December 2016, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

So that's how you get the

:-\

to work.

Cheers d_guy  :-bd

princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

toxicpixie

Very nice Bill!

Now get 'em based and on table and into contact!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Quote from: toxicpixie on 15 September 2017, 10:14:32 AM
Now get 'em based and on table and into contact!

I'm thinking somewhere west of the English Riviera.  :-\  ;)
Sleep with clean hands ...

d_Guy

Quote from: FierceKitty on 15 September 2017, 09:58:34 AM
No, no, it's spelled Luxury Yacht, but it's pronounced Throatwobbler Mangrove.

The point of the skit aside, I have always preferred my pronunciation of "Cholmondeley"

Westmarcher

Belated compliments on your work, Bill.  :-[
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

d_Guy

Thanks Westie!

A PSA for any one just passing through - I only added the weapons, some unknown person (possibly on this forum) did the painting!

Roy

My father used to work for PSA. Then they changed the name to NorEast for our area. Then it all got shut down and contracted out. Balfour Beaty won the contact.

No? You say this isn't what you meant when you said PSA. Oh, sorry  :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_Services_Agency

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

d_Guy

:D

Occurred to me later that it might also be construed as the lab test for men after a certain age  ;)

Roy

I don't know. 'Public Service Announcements' featured a lot in the American rapper Eminem's early albums (though they were very sweary, sexist, misogynist, homophobic, offensive, blasphemous and shocking), so some of us Young 'Uns may know what you meant  :)

I wouldn't know about the health check, yet. Though I have suffered the 'cough test', once.

toxicpixie

Anyone remember the grain silo? Sweet Ghu that was terrifying!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

OK have been trying to paint a little bit each day:

Realized I need command pieces for my Berber, so here they are:

And the Berber contingent on their bases. Still have to do their sabot framing:

Meanwhile on the painting table: a passel of 17th c Eastern Woodland First Americans being worked on.
In the background is the continuing progress on the Spanish horse at the Tangier garrison:

Moving on to the Pixie front, he has just finished Balfour's, one of the regiments of Mackay's Scots Dutch Brigade at Killiecrankie:

Thanks, Lethal Posionous Toxic Pixie  :)

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Terry37

Bill, some really nice looking work there!

I'm a big fan of the Lace Wars, so those guys really appeal to me. In my started box I have a French army of 1690 underway for both HOTT and DBA-HX, but it's been at least 3 years since I've done any work on them.

Looking forward to seeing more,

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Ace of Spades

Nice! What figures did you use for your Woodland Indians with bows and spears? Some of the ancient Indians? I was wondering if, especially the ones with the bows, would fit in with an American Woodland Indians group...

Cheers,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno