d_guy,S

Started by d_Guy, 06 December 2016, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Merry Christmas to you, too, Bill !

Cheers - Phil

d_Guy

Finally back to painting some of my "normal" stuff and the first order of business was to clear off the Monmouth command piece and the Lyme Independent company for the Sedgemoor armies (Urbancohort has inspired me!)

The command piece is in the background (Monmouth in purple coat with telescope). The Lyme IC provides security in the foreground:

A reverse angle view:

There are two sheep on the command stand which I have named "Techno" and "Lemmy". Lemmy is enjoying the salad bar below the slight rise we're Montrose stands, apparently already sensing a loser. Techno, however, appears fascinated and his edging his way toward Monmouth and the officer explaining the lay of the land. It is possible he is a spy for King Jamie!

Since I bought almost the entire Pendraken zoo, I now know where I'll get names for the various creatures as they are deployed.  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

DFlynSqrl

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Your Inverlochy scenario gave us a very interesting test of Baroque yesterday, thanks :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Thanks all!

And Paul - Thanks for the Inverlochy mention.. Glad you and Pierre got to play with Baroque. Since you are heading to the south (in the First Civil War - not the island) to do a more conventional battle I think you'll start to see how well designed Baroque really is.

Leman

Lovely bit of work.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Ditto !

Very nice work, Bill !  8)

Cheers - Phil.

Matt J

lovely work Bill, your basing is particularly evocative  :-bd
2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Westmarcher

Impressive stuff. Good work, Bill!  :-bd
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Thanks again, guys.  :)

I am also near complete with another "chop shop" job. I need a piper for Dunbarton's at Sedgemoor so:

Took arms and pipes from a Minifig piper, de-armed a Pendraken LoA pikeman and made this (not as yet  finished) piper:

The slight size difference (the Minifig is a bit heftier) makes him look like Popeye after a can of spinach, but he will serve.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Nice piper!
Mmmmm.... green grass! Yummy
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Terry37

really creative Bill! I love seeing conversion work like that being done. Just excellent!!!

Terry
"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

Techno

Good stuff, Bill.
I HAD wondered why he had his left hand on a sword.....Until I realised that the 'blade' was a streak on the table....D'OH !!  X_X

Cheers - Phil