d_guy,S

Started by d_Guy, 06 December 2016, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Thanks again, gentlemen.

As I age the memory slips. I thought I was going to base coat (prime) the Elizabethan Targeteers (EL6) today but could not find them.
Went through the master container for Elizabethans - had EL1,2,3 (knew I had skipped the pikes, EL4,5) then EL7,8,9,10 -  but no EL6! Maybe I stored it wrong - so I next did late medieval, then ECW, then Orcs, Space Marines, FPW - nothing! Then I went throught the ENTIRE mountain - twice - nothing!!

Finally pulled up all the order listings for the last three years. I had ordered the EL's mixed in with two other orders. One month had EL1,2,3 - the next order roughly two months later had EL7,8,9,10 - Gaaaaaaarrrrr! What a maroon!

But Wait! There was still hope - sometime later I had ordered both a Scots and English Flodden army pack AND, on a lark, got an Elizabethan Army pack thrown in as well!

Guess what's NOT included in the Elizabeth Army pack?!!

It's now ordered and my entire lead mountain is organized In plastic bags, envelopes, boxes and plastic containers, each carefully labeled! It's an ill wind that blows no good.

The entire mountain now sits in a single corner of the room - I call the mountain Beelzebub.
Sleep with clean hands ...

DFlynSqrl

Those are really nice.  Great idea on the casualty markers.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Danger! AVALANCHE!
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Bill, you are not alone. On many occasions I have had to trawl through my lead because I can't remember where I've stored a unit.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

You realise you need to order another ton of random unnamed lead to compensate for the order you've induced :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Westmarcher

Yeah, it can be very frustrating trawling for something you think you have or, as it turns out, thought you had.

But isn't it great when you find something you forgot you had!  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

sunjester

Quote from: Westmarcher on 03 October 2017, 10:05:34 AM
Yeah, it can be very frustrating trawling for something you think you have or, as it turns out, thought you had.

Not when you've just bought it not realising that you already had it!    #-o ~X(

Leman

;D ;D Been there, done that and have about 60 Prussian 1870 hussars to prove it.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Womble67

Very nice indeed

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Thanks for the support, gentlemen - misery loves company :)
Beelzebub contains bunches of stuff that I've never mentioned here. It was a trip down memory lane. And that's just the unpainted 10mm's.
I have stuffed in a closet my 25/28mm's, painted and unpainted. I really need to sell them to help pay for the 10 addiction....

Quote from: Westmarcher on 03 October 2017, 10:05:34 AM
You mean like the FPX5 marching band because I REALLY like the dog pulling the base drum? I have in my notes to change the drum major into a jingling johnnie man ... some time before 2025! :D

Quote from: DFlynSqrl on 03 October 2017, 05:46:27 AM
Those are really nice.  Great idea on the casualty markers.

Thanks, Squirrel!
I do want to emphasize that Mollinary is the original designer, I just "borrowed" the design.

toxicpixie

I slipped one off those marching bands into my last order. I have a cunning plan to split it across a few bases to bulk out my Risorgimento Italians - it should fill the gaps nicely :D
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

d_Guy

Some more pics from Pixie's work on my government army for the Sedgemoor and Killiecrankie campaigns:

Ramsey's Foot (part of MacKay of Scorie's army)

Horse Guards for Sedgemoor

Duke Speedy of Leighton