December 2016 Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 05 December 2016, 10:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

05 December 2016, 10:46:16 PM Last Edit: 01 March 2017, 12:23:44 PM by Leon

Welcome to the Pendraken Miniatures newsletter!

Welcome to our final newsletter for 2016, it's been a busy year for us and we're not quite done yet!

Christmas Order Deadlines!

We mentioned this last month, but there's not long left now to get your orders through to us for Christmas delivery.  Customers in Europe and the UK have still got a few days left, so please make sure to get them placed before the deadlines.

Minibits Christmas Sale!

On the Minibits side of things, we're running our annual Christmas Sale!  We've knocked 15% off our MDF bases and a massive 30% off the Militia Miniatures range, so head over and grab yourself a bargain!

Latest Releases!

> Dark Age Civilians - This handy group includes a couple of noble folk and a few peasants!

> ECW Additions - We've got a bunch of new items here, with some civilians, labourers and a new general!

> Napoleonic French - We've added some new cavalry plus some extra artillery pieces!

> 19th C. Stagecoach - A useful addition for anyone gaming the ACW or Plains Wars!

> Animals - The Pendraken Zoo is now open, with our first 9 animals available!

> North Africa - And finally we've got another new set of painted buildings from Escenografia Epsilon with some North Africa types now available.

In The Pipeline!

This month we've had the final batch of new WWI sculpts through, again focusing on the Middle East theatre.  With these complete we'll be getting them into a master mould ready to start production moulding in the new year.  We've got the Nap Brunswickers to get moulded and released first, but these WWI additions shouldn't be far behind.

Elsewhere, those oft-threatened Warband releases are still around the corner, so once we get the last production mould done we'll get those added to the website.

Shows!

The 2016 show season is now officially closed!  It's been a long slog this year with a real mix of ups and downs when it comes to sales, so there may be one or two adjustments to the calendar for 2017.  We'll update on that in the new year though.  Our first outing will be down the road to the excellent Vapnartak in York, so make sure to get yourselves there if you can.

For those who didn't make it along, we've also put up a report on our Battleground show, so have a read or have a look at the pictures here.

New Website Update!

Work on the new website continues apace but we won't be launching it before Christmas.  With all the orders and releases, we didn't think it would be the best idea to throw a brand new website into the mix as well.  We'll get it all completed over the Christmas period, including the relevant testing, ready for a launch at the start of 2017.

Forum Issues!

Some folks are having some difficulty posting in certain boards and threads, so Matt's been working overtime to get that all fixed and most of the issues should be sorted now.  There might be a niggle or two over the coming days whilst it all settles down again, but let us know if you're having any problems.

And Finally!

Just in case we don't get a chance to say it over the coming weeks, we'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who's bought from us in 2016 and we hope you all have a cracking Christmas!  We'll catch you all in the new year, raring to go with new releases for all your new projects...

:-bd <:-P
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

And a very merry Christmas and prosperous new year to all at Pendraken Towers.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Seasons Greetings!*

Time for something suitably nerdy and seasonal - not new but hey, that doesn't stop people playing Slade :)

*Whatever season you consider it to be
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I've read this newsletter six times this morning, trying to locate the indisputable top-priority....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

You're right FK!

Where's the mention of the Korean War, Leon?

It's too early to wish one and all season's compliments, but I think it is quite appropriate to thank Leon, Dave, Adele, Beyonce and the Minions for all that they have done in the past year to keep some very strange characters amused. Not forgetting the sculptors ... um ... and thingy ... you know ... that one.

It must be a labour of love because I've checked and Leon isn't in the UK's Richest 100, thought Dave is of course on Britain's Most Wanted.

Seriously though, thank you to all who make Pendraken what it is, a friendly, vibrant, and at times quite innovative maunfacturer. I know 2016 has had its dark patches, and I suspect we won't hear how dark they have been. Thank you for all you do. May 2017 be a golden year for your silver anniversary!

I suppose there won't be a calendar again this year? Nor indeed a staff photo? *le sigh* I suppose you just don't want to be mobbed in the streets?

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

North Koreans going quite well (I think)......
Almost to the stage that I can send piccies to James & Leon.
(If you're a good boy, I'll ask if you can have a sneak preview.....Though that might get you too excited.  :-\ )

Cheers - Thingy.....You know.....That one.  :P