A Rick Barlow type

Started by Sunray, 04 December 2016, 01:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

I enjoy Bob Murch's Pulp Figures 28mm ranges.  My favourite is the Rick Barlow gumshoe type in a trench coat. How I wish I could shrink him down to 1/150 !

He would be my CIA station commander in all Cold War (and hot war) scenarios.  The dice decides the survival and Intel quality of his team.

Ideally a few other station operators (body guard with signature Carl Gustav) would be useful.

In other lives, "Rick Barlow" could play (i) Arms dealer (always a good bush war scenario), (ii) Politician whose escape must be guaranteed, (iii)
UN diplomat trying to get that beleaguered peace keeping (sic) force out of a jam. (Falklands Brits in blue berets).  (iv) Rocket scientist to be kidnapped. 

Yes,  "Rick Barlow" - do have a look at him on Bob's site www.pulpfigures.com  - is  a key player in post gaming.   My point is that Pendraken 1/150 are now so well sculpted (Phil's craftsmanship) to merit  one or two personality figures.

petercooman

To prevent others from having to search haf the catalog to know who it is about, here is the above mentioned rick barlow:

http://pulpfigures.com/products/view/74

Sunray

Quote from: petercooman on 04 December 2016, 02:03:15 PM
To prevent others from having to search haf the catalog to know who it is about, here is the above mentioned rick barlow:

http://pulpfigures.com/products/view/74

Thanks for this.  But please do have a look at the catalogue - or even haf the catalog - as Bob is giving me 10% on sales. Sunray's Christmas appeal !

Neat sculpt is Barlow - he reminds me of a CIA type I met in Belfast. He was called "Mr Lynch" - a very common name amongst Langley farm boys.

We want him sculpted in 1/150.

Sunray

04 December 2016, 10:30:51 PM #3 Last Edit: 04 December 2016, 10:34:34 PM by Sunray
Quote from: Sunray on 04 December 2016, 01:36:30 PM
I enjoy Bob Murch's Pulp Figures 28mm ranges.  My favourite is the Rick Barlow gumshoe type in a trench coat. How I wish I could shrink him down to 1/150 !  Thanks to Peter you can view the figure type at http://pulpfigures.com/products/views/7c.

He would be my CIA station commander in all Cold War (and hot war) scenarios.  The dice decides the survival and Intel quality of his team.

Ideally a few other station operators (body guard with signature Carl Gustav) would be useful.

In other lives, "Rick Barlow" could play (i) Arms dealer (always a good bush war scenario), (ii) Politician whose escape must be guaranteed, (iii)
UN diplomat trying to get that beleaguered peace keeping (sic) force out of a jam. (Falklands Brits in blue berets).  (iv) Rocket scientist to be kidnapped.  

Or in Si Fi games, our Rick Barlow could be the "Government expert on Zombies " whose proximity to a group of fighters gives a +1

Or, in WW2 scenarios we have at last the Mr Big to lead and organise the Maquis.   French resistance games set après D Day have a lot of scope on the table top.

Right, that's FIVE applications for a basic figure. Any more suggestions?

Yes,  "Rick Barlow" - do have a look at him on Bob's site www.pulpfigures.com  - is  a key player in post gaming.   My point is that Pendraken 1/150 are now so well sculpted (Phil's craftsmanship) to merit  one or two personality figures. ]

fsn

Rick can be seen in the group of civvies observing action at Checkpoint Charlie, 1961

The Rick Factory. 1950

Rick (at the front) bringing vital information about the German's heavy tank, 1944

Rick in a line up, 1929 ... but which one is he?

Rick (by the tail) inspecting an overturned aircraft, 1914

OK, I'm convinced. Rick seems to have utility throughout the C20!

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

Thanks  Victor - two votes and counting.  On 1 April 2017 Leon will launch a special offer of a free Rick Barlow figure  with every Centurion  :o :o

fsn

I don't think I need 34 Ricks?
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Use as spare commanders.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Sunray

Quote from: fsn on 09 December 2016, 07:55:42 AM

I thought you were going to re-create the Rick Factory !  ;D ;D

Techno

Paint them with silver faces, and they could be cybernauts from the Avengers.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

Womble67

Can you add my vote please

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sunray

My humble thanks to the growing masses of Rick Barlow voters.    You know its a just cause.

O Dinas Powys

Can you ever have too much Rick?!
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.