Warband Dragonmen and Dark Elves released!

Started by Leon, 30 December 2016, 10:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Is anybody else finding something sinister about these archers...........

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously would like to see a comparison pic of the new fantasy horse vs vanilla hysterical horses

Leon

Thanks for the feedback, never a problem and always appreciated.

Quote from: Steeleye on 01 January 2017, 07:55:11 AM
Left handed archers? I'm not saying that there never were left handed archers but I've never seen any pictures of any. Yes you can get away with left handed melee weapon fighters, but I draw the line at archers.

With it being Fantasy I thought it would be fine, and range-wise it gives a lot more scope for variation in the poses.  I quite liked the idea of some symmetrical Warband bases as well, with the right/left handers separate on each half of the base, it ticked some boxes in my OCD brain...   :D

Shields, ok these are fantasy figures but round shields?  Might work if they're lower class fighters. Also it looks like you've molded dragons onto the shield faces, something that'll need to be filed/cut off.

The shields have got dragon motifs on them, we wanted to add a bit of extra detail to the figures and Techno's done a great job on them.  It shouldn't be too difficult to file them off though.

Poses, all the poses look a little wooden in the photographs, I hope they're better in the 'flesh'. Also the horses look a little odd, like they're crouched down or something.

The poses are all quite similar to the other Warband ranges, so not sure on that one.  If we'd gone with all dynamic fighting poses then it would have prompted questions as to why the other ranges weren't more dynamic.  The horse pose looks great in the flesh, it's very similar to this one:

Quote from: quasar42 on 02 January 2017, 08:01:48 PM
Any chance of having a comparison photo of the Dragonmen footknights alongside a Pendraken historical knight?

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 02 January 2017, 09:18:00 PM
Seriously would like to see a comparison pic of the new fantasy horse vs vanilla hysterical horses

I'll see if I can get a shot taken of these new chaps next to one of our Medieval figures.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

DFlynSqrl

I really like these new Warband Releases!  I'm looking forward to getting some in the future.

JaymisHawk

Might have to get some of the Dark Elves just to paint them up like Drow :)
"It'll be fine!" - The last words the misses heard me utter before Cthulhu devoured us in Arkham Horror!

Leon

Quote from: JaymisHawk on 05 January 2017, 07:53:38 PM
Might have to get some of the Dark Elves just to paint them up like Drow :)

I think with a bit of work to the clothing, the chap on the left could make a suitable Drizzt...

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

GrumpyOldMan

05 January 2017, 11:42:22 PM #37 Last Edit: 05 January 2017, 11:52:46 PM by GrumpyOldMan
Hello

Just a quick question. Are you planning any generic lance armed knights to go with the Dragonmen? To use as the vanilla Knights from the list. Also what are you planning for the Marcher horse and foot? You could use historical figures but there is the size difference.

Actually a picture of the new FAN-DME3 vs the ELM1 and ELM2 would be really handy in this regard.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan (Some people are never satisfied!!)

Leon

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 05 January 2017, 11:42:22 PM
Just a quick question. Are you planning any generic lance armed knights to go with the Dragonmen? To use as the vanilla Knights from the list. Also what are you planning for the Marcher horse and foot? You could use historical figures but there is the size difference.

Actually a picture of the new FAN-DME3 vs the ELM1 and ELM2 would be really handy in this regard.

Lance Knights on horses?  Nothing planned at this point.  The army lists in the rules are a bit larger than the ranges will be, so for things like the marcher foot you'd use some of the regular men-at-arms, etc.  We'll add more items further down the line to expand each range, but that'll be a long-term plan I'd think.

Dunnadd

One of the Dragonmen wizards looks suspiciously like one of the Dark Elf warlocks.

Can't say i'm a fan of dark elves dressed like Elizabethans, but the witches will do nicely for dark elf fanatics - and with a little filing of some of their chests, for wood elf ones too.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

See Warband errata for Dark Elf raptor rider stats folks!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner